I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Thalys: In Advance or Last Minute
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 2 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 3 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 VISA question
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 11 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 France,Spain,Italy
- 14 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 15 Schengen Visa Rules
- 16 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 17 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 18 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 19 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 23 Scotland November 2015
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!