I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 2 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 3 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 4 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 5 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 6 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 7 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 8 Our Next Europe Trip
- 9 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 10 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 11 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 12 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 13 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 14 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 15 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 16 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 17 four old ladies in spain
- 18 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 19 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 20 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 21 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 22 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?
- 23 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 24 Saltzburg,nuremberg and munich
- 25 travel plan