I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment Montreux area
- 2 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 3 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 11 An evening in London
- 12 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary