I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 3 Barcelona - places to stay
- 4 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 10 Christmas Markets 2017
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 15 Palermo Apartment
- 16 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 Fado in Lisbon
- 23 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 24 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 25 Help with Italy Itinerary