I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 2 Meteora for older folk
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Budapest & Prague
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Petrol in Greece
- 10 Paris day trips August
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 Acorn TV
- 15 Spain in July
- 16 Germany train help!
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Athens
- 20 Transportation from Brno train station
- 21 Swiss Travel Pass
- 22 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 23 10 days in Paris and......
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??