I've got my trip planned out, hotels booked, plane tickets bought, etc (in large part thanks to your advice, so thanks!). The last thing left is to buy train tickets to go from country to country.
Here is our itinerary for travel by Thalys:
The Hague to Amsterdam
Amsterdam to Antwerp
Antwerp to Paris
I'm traveling in November. The question is: can I buy Thalys tickets last minute (a day before or the day of travel) or should I buy them 3 months in advance (in August)? I would like to get the lowest priced ticket, which, according to my research is the non-flexible ticket (ie set date and time) and heard that if trains fill up, the price of tickets also goes up. I'm just not sure what the case will be in November. Do trains still fill up? Presumably, November will be less touristy? Our preference is to buy tickets last minute for flexibility.
Thoughts/advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Thalys: In Advance or Last Minute
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 2 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 3 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 Help with England/Wales tour
- 6 Reykjavik hotels
- 7 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 8 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 9 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 13 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 14 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 15 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 16 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 17 Norway 2014
- 18 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 19 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 20 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 21 I dream of Europe
- 22 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 23 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 24 First Time to UK since 2001
- 25 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide