I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 강남야구장씨스터즈＠강남구풀싸롱☎O1O 4444 9374강남야구장위치
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 Denmark or Sweden?
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Amsterdam hotels
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Back from Paris
- 16 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 17 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 18 1 month in Europe
- 19 Paris hotels
- 20 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 24 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 25 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris