I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 2 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 3 Getting cash in Spain
- 4 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 5 How long in Venice?
- 6 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 7 10 days in England
- 8 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 9 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 10 Italy things to do?
- 11 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 12 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 13 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 14 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 15 Whose repsonsible?
- 16 Spending money in Italy?
- 17 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 20 Croacia in october
- 21 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 22 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 23 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 24 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 25 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015