I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 3 4-6 weeks
- 4 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 5 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 6 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 9 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 Dresden or Leipzig
- 12 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 13 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 14 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 15 Eiffel tower tickets
- 16 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 17 Help With Vienna
- 18 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 23 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 24 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 25 Venice Banning Fodors