I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 4 ideas for Portugal please
- 5 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 6 Catalonia
- 7 Macarons!
- 8 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 9 Transportation in Paris
- 10 airport transportation
- 11 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 12 2 Days in Brussels
- 13 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 14 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 15 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 16 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 19 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 20 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 21 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 22 driving barcelona to madrid in 2-3 days- itinerary help. wine stops?
- 23 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 24 Dublin Hotel Choice
- 25 Day on the Rhine