I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 2 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 3 European Backpacking
- 4 2 week Europe trip adivce
- 5 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 6 Spain in 17 days
- 7 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 8 Booking Engines You trust?
- 9 Spain in 17 days
- 10 Amalfi, Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, or croatia
- 11 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 12 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 13 Where should we go in early- to mid-May: Spain, Greece, Croatia?
- 14 Where to stay 2 nights in la Céré France?
- 15 Insight on budgeting
- 16 Our first trip to Europe
- 17 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 18 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 19 11 Days in Spain Itinerary - Feedback Appreciated!
- 20 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 21 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 22 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 23 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 24 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 25 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao