I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 4 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 5 DVD players in France
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 8 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 9 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 10 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 11 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 12 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 13 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 14 Trains
- 15 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 16 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 17 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 18 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 19 Travel by train in Poland?
- 20 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 21 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 24 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 25 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)