I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 5 Cruise the River Shannon
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 12 Italy in October 2015
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Italy and Croatia
- 15 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 16 Where to go in France mid July?
- 17 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 21 trip to norway
- 22 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 23 My notes on Greece 101
- 24 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 25 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire