I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel in England and Scotland
- 2 Munich to Milan via train
- 3 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 4 10 days in spain
- 5 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 6 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 7 What train pass for Paris?
- 8 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 9 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 10 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 11 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
- 12 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 13 Georges - Pompidou center
- 14 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 15 Buy back lease program?
- 16 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 17 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 18 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 19 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 20 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 21 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 22 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 23 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 24 Texans Take a Tour
- 25 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.