I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 5 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 week trip Turkey
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 11 Rue des Rosiers
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 15 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 16 1&1/2 day 1 night in helsinki
- 17 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 24 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 25 What to take to Germany