I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 2 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 3 How to make this adventure work?
- 4 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 7 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 8 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 9 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 10 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 11 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 12 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 13 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 14 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 15 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 16 Madrid: Flamenco
- 17 Madrid: City Views
- 18 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 19 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 20 German Rail Twin Pass
- 21 ITALO trains need help
- 22 London restaurants
- 23 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 24 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 25 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?