I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium advice
- 2 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 3 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 4 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Rome to Portofino -
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Newcastle train info
- 13 beautiful samos: mini trip report
- 14 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 15 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 16 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 17 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 18 Amalfi or Positano
- 19 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 20 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 21 Poland in September
- 22 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Sim Card
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website