I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 4 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 5 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 6 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 7 Rome at Christmas
- 8 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 9 tipping
- 10 Switzerland/Italian Lakes Itinerary Help
- 11 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 12 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 13 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 14 Luggage on trains/security?
- 15 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 16 The DCC scam is spreading
- 17 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 18 Rome and a Baby - Some Travel Tips
- 19 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 20 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 21 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 22 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 23 Need help with two week itinerary for Crete next spring.
- 24 Norwegian air
- 25 London dining service charge