I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 2 Berlin to Barcelona
- 3 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 4 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris
- 5 Vienna to Bratislava
- 6 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 7 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 8 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 9 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 10 Venice at Christmas
- 11 Bayeux and environs
- 12 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 13 Best way to see Croatia?
- 14 Rome For 2 days
- 15 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 16 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 17 Camino Redux
- 18 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 19 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 20 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 21 The highlands
- 22 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 23 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 24 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 25 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!