I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 2 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 3 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 4 Berlin restaurant recs
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 Beaches in Southern France
- 7 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 8 Seville in late January
- 9 Norfolk base
- 10 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 11 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 12 RFID Protection
- 13 3 days to spend in europe
- 14 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 15 Drinks in Spain
- 16 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 17 12 days europe
- 18 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 19 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 20 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 21 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 22 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 23 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 24 Spain Itinerary Help
- 25 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?