I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 2 Italy travel plan help
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Where to eat in Rome?
- 6 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 9 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 12 Alsace to Austria?
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?