I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 2 Help! Honeymooning in Europe?
- 3 Iceland/July/2014
- 4 How to get to Mallorca
- 5 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 6 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 7 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 8 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 9 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 10 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 11 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 12 4 days in Scotland
- 13 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 14 Switzerland 5 days
- 15 Finalizing Itinerary
- 16 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 17 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 18 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 19 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 20 Dublin to Dingle?
- 21 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 22 Family Itinerary April 2016
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 25 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)