I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 2 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 3 Scottland for a day!
- 4 A guide to Madrid
- 5 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 6 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 7 First ever europe trip
- 8 northern Portugal
- 9 Best Tours of Europe
- 10 England, Paris itinerary help
- 11 Where to stay in Bilbao and best way to get to airport.
- 12 Five weeks in Portugal - Does this route make sense?
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 14 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 15 Best london location to stay?
- 16 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 17 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 18 Scotland and northern England
- 19 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 20 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 21 Help me with this trip
- 22 Help me plan a Trip
- 23 Europe first timers
- 24 Germany and Switzerland
- 25 Prague for a week?