I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 2 England & Scotland in April
- 3 Your favourite places in Bath
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 6 Rome Areas to stay
- 7 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Italy and Croatia
- 10 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 11 Is this the right way<>?
- 12 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 13 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 14 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 15 Rental car scams in Italy
- 16 Italy - Month of July
- 17 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 18 Autumn in Paris
- 19 Europe Tour with Kids
- 20 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 21 St Germain
- 22 22 days or DIY tour
- 23 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 24 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary