I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 2 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 at what point should one get health insurance
- 5 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 6 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 7 floods in Andalucia
- 8 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 9 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 10 Dubai to St. Juery France to Schaffhausen Switzerland
- 11 Tipping in the UK
- 12 4 Months in Europe
- 13 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 14 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 15 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 16 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 17 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 18 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 19 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 20 France in October
- 21 Wines charted by flavor
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 24 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 25 Airbnb scam