I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train/Subway Questions
- 2 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 From Schipol to ?
- 5 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 6 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 7 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 8 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 9 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 10 Istanbul to budapest
- 11 Help with 16-night Sept-Oct Itinerary for Croatia
- 12 Germany at Christmas
- 13 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 14 Getting Around Toledo
- 15 Train Tickets in Spain
- 16 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 17 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 18 Best location to stay in Seville
- 19 slovenia travel base
- 20 Slovenia with ease
- 21 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 22 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 23 Opera in Prague
- 24 Bus ticket to Siena
- 25 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra