I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report, part 1
- 2 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 5 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 6 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 7 Italy tours
- 8 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 9 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 10 Norway Advice
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 13 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 16 Voltage in UK and France
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Barcelona free tours??
- 19 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Tour ends in Rome
- 23 Pisa or Siena?
- 24 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 25 Giverny in early October?