I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN
- 2 http://www.prohealthguides.com/nucific-bio-x4/
- 3 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 4 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 5 http://ow.ly/nTIc300FYML
- 6 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 7 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 8 Prague & Croatia
- 9 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 10 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 11 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 12 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 13 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 14 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 15 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 16 Florence airport costumes
- 17 Road trip from Milan Rome
- 18 A few last minute questions
- 19 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 20 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 21 Gluten Free in Italy
- 22 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 25 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)