I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 2 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 3 Train to Airport in Venice
- 4 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 5 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 6 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 7 Foie gras, redux
- 8 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 9 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 10 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 11 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation