I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 2 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 3 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 4 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 5 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 6 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 7 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 8 Help with Madrid Location
- 9 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 10 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 11 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 12 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 13 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 14 Nice cafe near or in Milano Centrale Station
- 15 Italy and Greece
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Please help with itinerary...
- 18 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 19 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 20 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 21 Turkey 2015-Happy B-day to Me
- 22 ITALY
- 23 2 Days in Rome
- 24 Globus Tours
- 25 Best location for Prague hotel?