I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 2 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 5 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 6 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 7 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 8 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 12 Iceland rental camper company
- 13 southeast sicily town as home base
- 14 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Chania
- 17 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 18 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 19 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 20 Spanish food - not that special?
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 25 Recommendations for trip to Cochem