I am a little last minute in my holiday planning and am trying to book train tickets (TGV) for early April now..
I went through the forums and comments on trying to find bargains.. I went to scnf.com and idtgv.com as well as rail europe.. I am a little confused..
I was able to find Euro 30 tickets for going into Provence but while getting back the tickets are expensive (Eur 79)..
In addition the charge per baggage per way is Eur 35.. While I feel that the train tickets though expensive are OK - but the baggage cost is too high.. I would have 2 bags (bigger than hand luggage) and would end up paying Eur 70 per way.
- Are there any suggestions on reducing the baggage costs?
- The rail europe site does not talk about luggage costs. Dont know what to interpret of this - does it mean baggage needs to be paid for at the station or somewhere or there is no charge?
- Any suggestions on other websites for cheaper fares or luggage?
Look forward to your suggestions..
TGV travel Paris to Provence region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 2 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 3 Christmas in Munich
- 4 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 5 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 Moving to Belfast
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 10 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 11 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 17 Luggage sizing
- 18 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 19 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid