Is it risky to try to purchase TGV tickets a few days before you plan to use them? We'll be arriving in Nice on October 6 and want to take the TGV to Paris on October 10. We were thinking of just buying tickets at the Nice train station when we arrive on the 6th. Do these trains get booked early? Is it really necessary to book them in advance online? We've been struggling with all the train websites refusing our credit card--in spite of following the advice on this website.
TGV tickets: Can we buy them a few days before we want to use them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Montreux or Vevey- where to stay
- 2 Cannes >> Corsica
- 3 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 4 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 5 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 6 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 7 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 8 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 9 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 10 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 11 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 12 Help with a small island in Greece
- 13 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 14 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 International driving permit required in France?
- 17 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 18 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 19 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 20 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 23 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law