Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 2 First Time to UK since 2001
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 7 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 17 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 20 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 21 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 22 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 23 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 Vacation Rental in Venice