Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 2 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 3 Italo Trains - good news
- 4 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 5 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 8 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 9 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 10 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 11 ICELAND DAY 1
- 12 Rome
- 13 Holding bags in Paris
- 14 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 15 Travel Plan during Christmas in Italy
- 16 From London to Italy - where to go?
- 17 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 18 21 day France trip booked w lodging. Now what do I need to focus on?
- 19 Car rental in Spain
- 20 Itinerary help - 6 days in Iceland in chilly November
- 21 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 22 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 23 Berlin short-term rental apartments
- 24 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 25 Italy - Sorrento to Rome