Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stonehenge and Bath
- 2 Path of the Gods Question
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Munich Under Attack...
- 5 Spain in November
- 6 Must visit wineries in Alsace?
- 7 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 8 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 9 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 10 Should I speculate?
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Prague on a budget...
- 14 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 15 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 16 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 17 Le Marche Sept./Oct.
- 18 Help with 2nd European Spot
- 19 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 20 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 21 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 22 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 23 Dentix in Spain
- 24 Croatia
- 25 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls