Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 2 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 3 Pronunciation
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Monet in Normandy
- 7 Dublin Tour Companies
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 10 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 11 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 15 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 16 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 17 Stay near Paris
- 18 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 19 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 20 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 21 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 24 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 25 Italy Itinerary - Draft