Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 4 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 A Month stay in Southern France
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Bernina Express mid-March
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel