Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 2 I went to Paris in June
- 3 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 4 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 5 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 6 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 7 NW Portugal - Moncao Minho
- 8 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Bike touring in France
- 11 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 12 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 13 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 14 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 15 5 Night Suggested Itinerary - South Iceland/Reykjavik
- 16 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 17 Stay away from EF Tours
- 18 Folegandros info?
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 21 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 22 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 23 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 24 Cell Phones in France & Spain
- 25 One Town on the Amalfi Coast