Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 2 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 7 Train from Sarlat
- 8 Trains
- 9 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 10 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 11 Naples vs Sorrento
- 12 Cinque Terre trails
- 13 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 14 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 15 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 16 Paris Bastille Day
- 17 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 18 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 19 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 20 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 21 Liverpool to London
- 22 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 23 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 24 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 25 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple