Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Belgium : a asfe country
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 8 Car Rental in Italy
- 9 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 12 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 13 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 14 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 15 Italian Riviera
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 18 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 21 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 22 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Switzerland in mid-April
- 25 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed