Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 2 Berlin: evening dining
- 3 Alhambra questions
- 4 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 5 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 6 Mont St. Michele?
- 7 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 8 LHR to Victoria by Tube - Best Place to Transfer
- 9 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 10 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 11 Hotel in Paris
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 14 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 15 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 16 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 17 Any Pros Out There on Sending FedEx from Italy to U.S.?
- 18 Southwestern England
- 19 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 20 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 21 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 22 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 23 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 24 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May