Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Help with England/Wales tour
- 7 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 8 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 9 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 10 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 11 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 14 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 15 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015
- 16 Where to go in France mid July?
- 17 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 18 Has anyone rented an apartment through Honeymoon in Paris?
- 19 Cruise the River Shannon
- 20 Is Venice really dirty?
- 21 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 22 Ireland or Scotland
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 24 Italy in October 2015
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part