Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 2 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 3 12 Days in Italy
- 4 Health insurance coverage
- 5 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 6 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 7 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 8 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 9 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 10 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 11 Family vacay in Europe
- 12 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 13 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 14 Italy - best two central locations
- 15 Another Book List for Italy
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 17 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 18 Day trip suggestion from London
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 21 Classical Music in Milan
- 22 Pousadas in Portugal
- 23 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 24 Places to visits near Porto
- 25 From Denmark to Balkan and around