Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO