Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What train pass for Paris?
- 2 Munich to Milan via train
- 3 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 4 what to do in florence
- 5 Buy back lease program?
- 6 10 days in spain
- 7 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 8 Rome Walking Guide
- 9 lake garda or lake como and how many nights
- 10 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 13 Suggestions for travel to Florence and Italy in October/November
- 14 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 15 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 16 Travel in England and Scotland
- 17 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 18 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 19 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 20 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 21 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 22 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 23 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
- 24 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 25 Georges - Pompidou center