Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??