Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 quantities of hundreds of thousands
- 2 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 3 Venice at Christmas
- 4 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 5 Seville bus information
- 6 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 7 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 8 Europe Itinerary
- 9 Piazza Navona
- 10 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 11 The highlands
- 12 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 13 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 14 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 15 Alhambra discount tickets
- 16 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 17 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 18 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 19 Berlin to Barcelona
- 20 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 21 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 22 Rhine River
- 23 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 24 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 25 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???