Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's an IDTGV Train?
- 2 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 3 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 4 Need help in deciding itinerary to visit places around Lucerne
- 5 Want to visit Ville Ephrussi
- 6 Iceland/July/2014
- 7 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 8 4 days in Scotland
- 9 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 10 Greece- Santorini Hotels
- 11 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 12 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 13 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 14 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 15 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 16 Road trip from St Remy to Nice
- 17 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 18 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 19 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 20 How to get to Mallorca
- 21 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 24 Help! Honeymooning in Europe?
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth