Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Alitala
- 6 Crete Holiday
- 7 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 8 October 2017 trip - need insight into last leg of trip...
- 9 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 10 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 11 Croatia short sail trip
- 12 Stu Tower
- 13 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 14 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 15 SE ITALY
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Which Hotel in Rome
- 18 6 Days in Italy
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 21 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 22 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 23 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 24 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London