Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Bremerhaven and environs
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris