Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden and Denmark
- 2 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 3 Euro railways
- 4 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 5 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 Round trip to Bergen question
- 11 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 12 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 13 Budapest tour questions
- 14 Florence Airport Car Rental Return - Recent Experiences?
- 15 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 16 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 17 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 18 Italy - Puglia Help please
- 19 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 20 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 21 Late October Trip in France
- 22 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 23 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 24 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 25 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed