Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 2 Paris Austerlitz to CDG on a weekday morning
- 3 Best location to stay in Seville
- 4 2 weeks in France next May
- 5 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 6 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 7 12 days in Italy
- 8 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 9 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 10 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 11 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 12 Sacred Christian Places in Athens
- 13 Globus vs. Insight for Italy
- 14 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 15 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 16 Our Next Europe Trip
- 17 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 18 How to rent a car...
- 19 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 20 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 21 Itinerary tips for first timers
- 22 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 23 Ski resorts on Christmas Day/Eve in Switzerland
- 24 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 25 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?