Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 3 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 4 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 5 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 6 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 7 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 8 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 9 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 10 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 11 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 12 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 13 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 14 Advice please...
- 15 Ireland Bus tours
- 16 Bus Tour/Ireland
- 17 Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!
- 18 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 19 Ireland help - First EPIC visit in Sept
- 20 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 21 Hey Fodor's
- 22 Late Spring 2015 in Spain and Southern France
- 23 Athens Marathon
- 24 Paris before xmas or after
- 25 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .