Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 trip to norway
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 8 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 11 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 14 Help with England/Wales tour
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 20 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 25 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train