Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia or La Langhe
- 2 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 3 Munich
- 4 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 5 Prague hotels
- 6 Northern lights in December
- 7 Booking hotels before trains
- 8 Flights from Croatia
- 9 What to expect over Christmas
- 10 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Budapest
- 13 First time in France
- 14 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 15 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 18 Rome
- 19 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 20 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 23 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 24 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 25 Vienna or Budapest?