Thanks to advice here, four of us are looking to travel by tgv from CDG/Paris to Avignon on May 5, and return by tgv from Avignon to Paris - city May 10.
We arrive CDG 8AM. The choices I'm currently seeing on tgv-europe (not rail europe) are either leaving CDG 10AM for 228E, non-refundable or exchangeable, or leave cdg 11:40, fully exchangeable and refundable til day before, and day of, can change for 10E, but the cost would be 380E for the 4 tix.
My two questions are, would you risk the 10AM train? And, if we decide not to, and to pay more and leave at 11:40, do the prices ever come down when you wait longer, or do they only go up? I thought it seemed very high for almost 3 months out, but maybe that's as good as it gets.
Thanks in advance for any help.
TGV advice please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Vegan in Germany?
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 biking tours in Italy?
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Scotland November 2015
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 16 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 18 All Set To Go!!
- 19 Italy Countryside
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 French Basque region
- 22 VISA question
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 25 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking