This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 2 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 3 So much to do, so little time!
- 4 Tour of Northern Italy
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 8 Germany in December Trip Report
- 9 Planning a European Trip
- 10 Lisbon trip report
- 11 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 12 Naples, Italy
- 13 San Sebastian
- 14 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 17 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 18 French restaurants
- 19 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 23 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 24 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 25 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008