This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 8 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 9 4 days each in London and Paris
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 12 A few more questions about Brittany
- 13 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 14 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 15 Positano or Sorrento?
- 16 Paris in November
- 17 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 18 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 19 London Theater
- 20 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 23 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 25 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008