This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 2 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Trip in September
- 5 help with europe itinary
- 6 Iceland with Young Kids
- 7 Switzerland
- 8 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 9 Wake Up Mods
- 10 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 11 One Day in Vienna
- 12 Escorted tours Norway
- 13 credit and debit cards
- 14 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 15 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 16 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 17 Help with basic itinerary
- 18 favorite app for converting US $$
- 19 One week in London with kids
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Light weight small converter?
- 22 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 23 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 24 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 25 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008