This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 2 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 3 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Christmas Day in Granada
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Schengen Rule
- 8 Quizz !
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Pay attention to your watches !
- 20 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 21 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 22 Venice/Mestre
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008