This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - boats on canals
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Ghent or Paris?
- 4 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 5 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 6 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 10 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 11 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 12 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 13 London hotel tax is 20%
- 14 Do trains run past midnight???
- 15 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 16 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 17 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 18 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 19 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 20 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip
- 21 Hotel recommendations for family of four (kids: 15, 12)
- 22 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 23 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 24 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please
- 25 Warsaw for the week-end / language question