This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What one thing in Paris?
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 6 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 7 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 8 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 9 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 10 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 11 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 12 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 13 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 14 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 15 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 16 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 17 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 18 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 19 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 20 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 21 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 22 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 23 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 24 Global Travel Warning...
- 25 16 night honeymoon in Spain
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008