This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Way... trust or bust?
- 2 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 3 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 4 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 5 American Style Restaurants in London
- 6 Walking GPS?
- 7 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 8 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 9 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 12 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 13 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 14 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 15 Portugal trains
- 16 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 17 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 21 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 22 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 23 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 24 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 25 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008