This trip report will be much more condensed than several I have begun before... namely because I intend to finish it!
Who: Two tax accountants: Jill (28) and her husband Chris (35), married 4 years
When: May 7-24
Rick Steves Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Lonely Planet Vienna
Lonely Planet Austria
Time Out Vienna
(no... we didn't bring them all with us!)
4 nights Vienna
4 nights Durnstein
3 nights Hallstatt
3 nights Ehenbichl (near Reutte)
2 nights Salzburg
NOTE: I will be posting the detailed itinerary as I write the report.
Vienna: Apartment Phillips
Durnstein: Stockingerhof (also a heuriger) http://www.stockingerhof.com/
Hallstatt: Haus Sarstein
Ehenbichl: Pension Garni Waldrast http://www.waldrasttirol.com/
Salzburg: Haus am Moos http://www.ammoos.at/
NOTE: Detailed reviews on each hotel will be written into the report.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.toptryloburn.com/vita-laze/
- 2 엔젤카지노〃ム＼┗ SSK68.COM ┛＼ム〃엔젤카지노
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Italy bus or train
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 May get together in Paris
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 16 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 17 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 18 Canal du Midi
- 19 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 20 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 21 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 25 Booking through Loco2 Train
TexasAggie's TR: 16 Days in Austria, May 2008