We are a group of 4 - me, wife (early 30s) & parents (late 60s) planning to visit Italy for the first time in July this year. We have about 10-12 days including travel and I will like to spend them across 3 destinations – Rome, Venice & Dolomites.
I know that Rome-Florence-Venice is the usual first timers itinerary but we thought that it would be too much of art and culture and therefore we decided to skip Florence for this time in favour of a scenic destination. Final toss up was between Amalfi Coast, Lakes & Dolomites and eventually my love for green won over admiration for blue
Also, it’s the first time for my parents to visit Europe and so wanted them to get a flavour of Alps. I hope it’s a good decision but will appreciate your thoughts about my choice of destinations. Especially if there are enough simple strolls/walks in Val Gardena for elderly.
Our tentative plan is as follows:
Day 1 : Fly Singapore – Venice, Arrive in the night check-in & rest
Day 2-4 : In Venice for 3 full days
Day 5: Rent a car at Venice and drive to Ortisei.
Day 6-7 : In Val Gardena for 2 full days
Day 8 : Drive back & drop car at Verona, Fly Verona - Rome in evening
Day 9-11 : In Rome for 3 full days
Day 12: Fly Rome - Singapore
Do you think it’s a doable itinerary (too relaxed or too rushed?)
Am also not sure if am handling Val Gardena piece of travel very well, as am not sure if I will be able to do much on the day we drive up and the day we drive back. Any comments on that?
Also, if we need to cut a day in this itinerary (leave troubles), any suggestions how to condense this in 11 days.
I do have broad idea of Rome & Venice 3 day itineraries and a vague idea of Val Gardena itinerary (Alpe di Siusi, Drive thru mountain passes & some easy hikes). I will develop these further but in the meanwhile if you have any inputs will be very happy to take them on board.
Also, would travelling early / mid / late July make any difference to our trip as am about to book the flights and are flexible on when to travel in July.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 12 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 18 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Great Value Vacations - NOT