We are a group of 4 - me, wife (early 30s) & parents (late 60s) planning to visit Italy for the first time in July this year. We have about 10-12 days including travel and I will like to spend them across 3 destinations – Rome, Venice & Dolomites.
I know that Rome-Florence-Venice is the usual first timers itinerary but we thought that it would be too much of art and culture and therefore we decided to skip Florence for this time in favour of a scenic destination. Final toss up was between Amalfi Coast, Lakes & Dolomites and eventually my love for green won over admiration for blue
Also, it’s the first time for my parents to visit Europe and so wanted them to get a flavour of Alps. I hope it’s a good decision but will appreciate your thoughts about my choice of destinations. Especially if there are enough simple strolls/walks in Val Gardena for elderly.
Our tentative plan is as follows:
Day 1 : Fly Singapore – Venice, Arrive in the night check-in & rest
Day 2-4 : In Venice for 3 full days
Day 5: Rent a car at Venice and drive to Ortisei.
Day 6-7 : In Val Gardena for 2 full days
Day 8 : Drive back & drop car at Verona, Fly Verona - Rome in evening
Day 9-11 : In Rome for 3 full days
Day 12: Fly Rome - Singapore
Do you think it’s a doable itinerary (too relaxed or too rushed?)
Am also not sure if am handling Val Gardena piece of travel very well, as am not sure if I will be able to do much on the day we drive up and the day we drive back. Any comments on that?
Also, if we need to cut a day in this itinerary (leave troubles), any suggestions how to condense this in 11 days.
I do have broad idea of Rome & Venice 3 day itineraries and a vague idea of Val Gardena itinerary (Alpe di Siusi, Drive thru mountain passes & some easy hikes). I will develop these further but in the meanwhile if you have any inputs will be very happy to take them on board.
Also, would travelling early / mid / late July make any difference to our trip as am about to book the flights and are flexible on when to travel in July.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YIKES!
- 2 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 5 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 6 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 7 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 8 Train tickets in Italy?
- 9 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 10 credit and debit cards
- 11 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 15 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 16 Getting around Lisbon
- 17 Athens International airport
- 18 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 19 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 20 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 21 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 22 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 23 Cinqueterre
- 24 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 25 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system