I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Weekend in Norfolk
- 4 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 7 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 8 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 9 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 10 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 13 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 14 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 15 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 16 Burgundy in May
- 17 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 18 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 St Germain
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 23 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 A Greek sojourn