I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 2 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 3 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 4 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 5 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 6 White Villages base?
- 7 10 days to Explore Europe
- 8 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 9 German Rail Twin Pass
- 10 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 11 How much luggage?????
- 12 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 13 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 14 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 15 Help with France itinerary
- 16 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 17 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 18 ITALO trains need help
- 19 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 20 Cornwall or Paris?
- 21 plug adapters ITALY
- 22 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 23 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 24 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 25 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??