I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 2 Just curious: Kids at the Moulin Rouge?
- 3 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 4 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 5 France 8 days
- 6 First time in Ireland...have just 5 days to see a lot! Need advice
- 7 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 8 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 9 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 10 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 11 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 12 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 13 Working on a itinerary for a trip to Munich, Prague, Budapest and Vienna
- 14 Palazzo Catalani in Soriano nel Cimino, Italy
- 15 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 16 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 17 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 18 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 19 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 20 The ultimate European road trip?
- 21 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 22 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 23 Car rental at Athens airport
- 24 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 25 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux