I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG international flight
- 2 Berlin restaurant recs
- 3 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 4 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 5 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 6 12 days europe
- 7 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 8 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 9 Seville in late January
- 10 Lipari to Capri??
- 11 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 12 2 Porto-Lisbon q's, 1 phone q
- 13 Italy for the first time
- 14 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 15 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 16 5 day s in Belgrade
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 Travel WiFi - France
- 19 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 20 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 21 Gelato course in Rome?
- 22 Drinks in Spain
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 25 Beaches in Southern France