I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 2 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 3 Como or Bellagio
- 4 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 5 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 6 Dinge B&B
- 7 Zymax Male Enhancement @ http://klereumcol.com/zymax-male-enhancement/
- 8 Using verizon international data plan?
- 9 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 10 This is the this is not a novel study which exhibits all
- 11 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 12 Dordogne Delight
- 13 A special promotion in a special place to stay on Corsica
- 14 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 15 Dordogne addenda
- 16 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 17 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 18 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 19 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 20 Netflix and Hulu
- 21 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 22 Wolverhampton - York - Durham - Edinburgh
- 23 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 24 Spanish Jamon Serrano - Which to buy?
- 25 Sentimental Journey