I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 2 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 3 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 4 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 5 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 6 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 7 What to wear
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 10 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 11 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 Prague flea markets
- 15 Tipping in Greece
- 16 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 17 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 18 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 19 Timing a river cruise
- 20 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 21 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 22 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 24 flea markets in France
- 25 I need a haircut