I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using the Garmin nuvi 2598 in Italy
- 2 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 3 Random Rome Questions
- 4 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 5 Family Cruises
- 6 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 7 Help with Belgium-Netherlands Itinerary
- 8 Berlin to Prague by car
- 9 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 10 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 11 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 12 Paris, France NYE hotel, city center, or CDG?
- 13 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 14 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 15 Free 02 Wifi with iPhone in London
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Where to stay in London
- 18 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 19 Driving to Beaune
- 20 Travelling to France
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 Makes Blackpool look Fab
- 23 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 24 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 25 Three Months in Southern Spain