I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 2 Undisclsoed location
- 3 Need help with my itinerary
- 4 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 5 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 6 Chamonix to Paris
- 7 Italy bus or train
- 8 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 9 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 10 Paris in September
- 11 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 12 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 help with Italy itinerary
- 15 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 16 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 17 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 18 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 19 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 20 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 21 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Rome-Itinerary
- 24 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 25 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal