I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 6 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 7 I need a haircut
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 10 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 11 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 13 Madrid apartments
- 14 London neighborhood suggestions
- 15 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Timing a river cruise
- 18 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 19 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 20 We Need a Pact
- 21 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 22 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 23 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 24 Tipping in Greece
- 25 Honeymooning in Europe