I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 2 6-7 Days in France
- 3 Dijon in December!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 We're here!
- 7 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 10 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Korean Messages
- 20 Interesting places to visit
- 21 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 22 Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 24 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 25 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me