I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Ireland in a week
- 8 A Month in Bologna Photos/Blog TR
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 11 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 12 Copenhagen Weekend with Family
- 13 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 14 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 15 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 16 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 17 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 18 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 21 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 London for Christmas
- 24 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 25 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!