I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 4 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 5 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 6 Amsterdam and beyond
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Alsace
- 10 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 11 November in Greece
- 12 Travel help laundary
- 13 Italian trains on Sunday
- 14 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 15 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 16 Sweden- and another thing
- 17 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 18 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 19 My summer in Paris
- 20 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 21 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 22 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 23 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 24 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 25 Austrian Alps