I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 2 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 3 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 4 Travel vs. Babies
- 5 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 6 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 9 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 10 Verona and Lake Garda
- 11 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 12 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 13 European Cooking Secrets
- 14 Italy - rental car damages query
- 15 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 18 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 19 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 20 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 21 CDG much improved
- 22 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 23 London's Must Sights!
- 24 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 25 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report