I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona
- 2 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 3 A plethora of islands
- 4 Referendum in Greece
- 5 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 6 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 7 10 days in spain
- 8 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 9 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.
- 10 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 11 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 12 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 13 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 14 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 17 Switzeraland Iternary
- 18 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 19 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 20 Texans Take a Tour
- 21 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 22 Train Travel in Germany
- 23 One night in Amsterdam?
- 24 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 25 Barcelona Itinerary