I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Votes "No"
- 2 Plitvice Lakes, Croatia...is it worth the trip?
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 9 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 10 Air France strike
- 11 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 12 shortened trip to Italy
- 13 Gift for French business associate
- 14 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 15 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 16 Airbnb scam
- 17 Best data sim
- 18 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 19 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 20 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 21 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 22 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 23 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 24 Alterations to night trains routes
- 25 Trip Report, part 1