I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cooking classes
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 4 London tube
- 5 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 6 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Day trip from London to Paris
- 9 Europe in 21 days
- 10 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 11 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 12 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 one last portugal car rental question
- 15 Venice
- 16 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 22 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 23 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 Day trip on the Rhine