I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 2 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 3 travel insurance
- 4 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 7 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 8 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 9 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 10 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 11 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 12 Camino No-No
- 13 Rioja
- 14 Madrid
- 15 Ireland train system: first class??
- 16 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 17 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 18 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 19 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 20 apartment
- 21 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 22 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 23 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 24 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 25 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?