I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 First Trip to Europe!
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 6 Rue des Rosiers
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 visa appointment experience
- 10 Brief trip report Naples
- 11 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 12 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 13 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 14 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 15 What to take to Germany
- 16 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 17 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 24 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 25 4 week trip Turkey