I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 2 darkish circles, pigmentation, peeling
- 3 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 4 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 5 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 6 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 7 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 8 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 9 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 10 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 11 train from ams to paris
- 12 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Poland in September
- 15 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 18 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 19 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 20 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 21 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 24 Cordoba or Granada?
- 25 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?