I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 2 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 3 Berlin Itinerary
- 4 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 5 Need Help, Iceland
- 6 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 7 Please help me give good travel advice
- 8 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 9 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 10 Travel throught Europe
- 11 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 12 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 13 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 14 Macarons!
- 15 DCC on the increase?
- 16 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 17 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 18 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 22 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 23 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 24 One night for dinner in Rome
- 25 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???