I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID Protection
- 2 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 3 London Itinerary and Questions
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 6 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 7 3 days to spend in europe
- 8 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 9 12 days europe
- 10 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 11 Christmas Week in London
- 12 Ali
- 13 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 14 Paris to Ramstein
- 15 Lyon: where to have an authentic bouchon experience?
- 16 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 17 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 18 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 19 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 20 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 21 Edinburgh Airport Transfers
- 22 Rail pass question
- 23 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 24 Italy and Spain 4 weeks - 1st attempt at an itinary
- 25 italy itinerary