I will be travelling through France, Spain and Portugal for 5 weeks, in July and August, and tent camping as much as possible. We will be traveling by car, and this is our basic route (not exact) http://i.imgur.com/7vwj5s5.jpg
I really just wanted to know the availability of tent camping, and the average costs.
I have been looking online, and they all seem to be big complexes, with Bungalows, or Chalets, charging 20 Euros per person per night for a small patch on their grass somewhere.
I imagine most small campsites would not have websites, so what is the best way to find them, and is it a good idea to book, or can I just turn up? There will be 3/4 of us, with 2 tents, and 1 car.
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Also if you have any comments on the route, let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 2 Holding bags in Paris
- 3 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 4 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 5 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 6 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 7 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 8 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 9 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 10 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 11 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 12 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 13 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 14 Rome
- 15 Cornwall and Germany
- 16 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 17 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 18 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 19 2 weeks in Europe in April
- 20 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 21 Gtg during Christmastime?
- 22 The Hague
- 23 Paris GTG - October 21
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?