I was reading some older posts for Tenerife and Gran Canaria and most posts say that these islands are "hellhole" -- talks about tourist getting robbed and unsafe -- is it true? Anyone has been there around summer time like late June? Any opinion, advice? If we want to explore beyond the islands, should we head to Spain, Portugal or Morrocco? We will have 10 to 14 days in mid June.
Thanks a lot for your time, opinion and insights. Happy New Year.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 2 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 3 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 4 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 8 Rental car in Menton
- 9 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Italy
- 11 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 12 Canal du Midi
- 13 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 14 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 Barcelona and...
- 18 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 19 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 20 February in Florence
- 21 Praiana to Positano
- 22 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 23 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 24 Family vacation to europe
- 25 Day in Madrid