We fly into Fiumicino on 25 March and shall hire a car - we have motored many times in Italy: this time is unfortunately a bit early in the year and I would not be happy motoring in snow - that is my concern.
We fancy Basilicata but my question is: at this time of year would we find that a lot of the roads would maybe have snow - if so, it may be better if we head north to Lazio and Viterbo etc? (Although we really fancy Basilicata).
Any advice would be appreciated - thanks, Patricia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for children
- 2 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 6 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 10 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 11 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 12 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 13 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 14 One July night in Verona - help!
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 20 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 Guided Vatican Tours
- 23 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 24 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please