We fly into Fiumicino on 25 March and shall hire a car - we have motored many times in Italy: this time is unfortunately a bit early in the year and I would not be happy motoring in snow - that is my concern.
We fancy Basilicata but my question is: at this time of year would we find that a lot of the roads would maybe have snow - if so, it may be better if we head north to Lazio and Viterbo etc? (Although we really fancy Basilicata).
Any advice would be appreciated - thanks, Patricia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Towersey, London
- 13 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 14 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Amalfi Coast help
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden