We fly into Fiumicino on 25 March and shall hire a car - we have motored many times in Italy: this time is unfortunately a bit early in the year and I would not be happy motoring in snow - that is my concern.
We fancy Basilicata but my question is: at this time of year would we find that a lot of the roads would maybe have snow - if so, it may be better if we head north to Lazio and Viterbo etc? (Although we really fancy Basilicata).
Any advice would be appreciated - thanks, Patricia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 3 day layover
- 2 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 3 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 8 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 10 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 14 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 19 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 20 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 21 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 22 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 23 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 24 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 25 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?