Hello fellow travelers -
I'm headed to Dublin for a conference December 1-10, and will base myself in the city for site visits and business December 2-6. As an education abroad professional, I'm intrigued by the Troubles - and seeing both Northern Ireland and Ireland. We have students that travel to the country, and I'd like to get a broader perspective outside of Dublin proper.
Here's my itinerary as it stands:
Saturday - arrive Dublin, travel to Belfast, stay Belfast (1 night)
Sunday - return to Dublin, stay through Friday
Friday - travel to Galway, stay through Monday (3 nights)
Monday - travel to Dublin, fly out
My original plan is to do the first weekend in Belfast, although it's a quick one. The second weekend in Galway, with a day trip to the Cliffs.
Please note, I will not have a car and will be relying on public transportation.
Here are my questions --
1) Is one day & night in Belfast enough? Is it worth it? I arrive 9 a.m. to Dublin on Saturday, would take the bus/train to Belfast (2-3 hours?) and spend the afternoon/night there, and head back to Dublin on Sunday (afternoon, depending on transport schedule). The alternative is to skip Belfast, and stay in Dublin until the following weekend.
2) Should I plan for an entire day at the Cliffs? My host in Galway recommended tours leaving from the area - both to the Cliffs and Connemara.
3) My students have been to, and continue to rave about, the Aran Islands. Does it make sense to try to get there while I'm in Galway? Worth the trouble? Bearing in mind it's also December and I'm not anticipating pleasant weather.
4) What are Sundays like in Ireland (North, South or otherwise)? Living in Spain I always faced the non-event of Sunday and as a traveler was always slightly stymied by the issue of everything being closed. I see that there are some abbreviated transportation schedules; should I anticipate store / site / business closings?
Thanks for your help as I plan this whirlwind tour. Any and all tips welcome (this includes good food stops .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 정선카지노사이트═✝∞《 SSK68。COM 》═✝∞슈퍼카지노
- 2 마닐라카지노사이트☨▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄☨슈퍼카지노
- 3 플러스카지노사이트═‡∞《 SSK68。COM 》═‡∞슈퍼카지노
- 4 타짜카지노사이트✚▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄✚슈퍼카지노
- 5 테크노카지노사이트═†∞《 SSK68。COM 》═†∞슈퍼카지노
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 스타카지노사이트✠▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄✠슈퍼카지노
- 8 썬시티카지노사이트═✙∞《 SSK68。COM 》═✙∞슈퍼카지노
- 9 와와카지노사이트 ✛▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄✛슈퍼카지노
- 10 월드카지노사이트═✜∞《 SSK68。COM 》═✜∞슈퍼카지노
- 11 나이트팔라스사이트 ♦▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄♦슈퍼카지노
- 12 마카오카지노＼✪＼‷【→ JP89.ZE 。AM ←】✪＼슈퍼카지노(‷마카오카지노‷)
- 13 인터넷카지노＼✪＼‷【→ JP89.ZE 。AM ←】✪＼슈퍼카지노(‷인터넷카지노‷)
- 14 선릉안마o1o-2816-2526선릉안마방+선릉역안마선릉안마시술소
- 15 라이브카지노＼✪＼‷【→ JP89.ZE 。AM ←】✪＼슈퍼카지노(‷라이브카지노‷)
- 16 태양성카지노사이트═♠∞《 SSK68。COM 》═♠∞슈퍼카지노
- 17 다모아카지노사이트♧▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄♧슈퍼카지노
- 18 카지노게임사이트═❢∞《 SSK68。COM 》═❢∞슈퍼카지노
- 19 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 20 인터넷카지노사이트❣▀／【 SSK68。COM 】／▄❣슈퍼카지노
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 핼로우바카라＼✪＼‷【→ JP89.ZE 。AM ←】✪＼슈퍼카지노(‷핼로우바카라‷)
- 23 They're Back
- 24 Spain and South of France
- 25 바카라싸이트＼✪＼‷【→ JP89.ZE 。AM ←】✪＼슈퍼카지노(‷바카라싸이트‷)
Hello fellow travelers -