Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 2 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 3 Florence - Where to stay
- 4 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 5 Berlin to Italy
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Where to go!?
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 13 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 14 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 17 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 18 Walking itinerary in England?
- 19 Dog friendly hotels
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Cambridge in May
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 24 No Periods in British Written English!
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Hi Fodor Friends!!