Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin to Armagh?
- 2 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 3 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 15 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 16 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 17 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 18 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 19 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 23 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio