Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
- 1 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 2 First time traveler to Ireland
- 3 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 10 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 Car in Prague
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 20 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 21 Lucerne & Zurich
- 22 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 23 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 24 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 25 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report