Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 3 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 4 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 5 Golfing in Ireland
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 8 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 9 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 12 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 13 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 14 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 15 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 18 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Airport to Piraeus
- 21 Trieste and Koper
- 22 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 23 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 24 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 25 What still confounds you about travel?