Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 4 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 5 Biarritz family holiday
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 Lisbon hotel
- 8 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 9 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Italy
- 16 4 Days in Tuscany
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 19 Switzerland
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 24 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
Hi Fodor Friends!!