Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 2 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 3 Airbnb scam
- 4 Gift for French business associate
- 5 Best data sim
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 8 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 9 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 10 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 11 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 12 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 Trip Report, part 1
- 18 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 21 shortened trip to Italy
- 22 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 23 Air France strike
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Italy tours