Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 B&Bs/hotels near Kinsale?
- 2 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 3 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 4 Need help with packing for a trip to Rome, Cinque Terre and Switzerland
- 5 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 6 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 7 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 8 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 9 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 10 If Greece exits
- 11 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 12 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 13 Traveling solo in the Loire Valley / train or car? best base?
- 14 Budapest questions round 1
- 15 Rafting Gorge du Verdon
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 18 5 nights near British Museum mid September?
- 19 Scandinavian and Baltic Adventure - our trip report
- 20 Riviera roadtrip
- 21 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 22 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 25 Barcelona in 2 Days
Hi Fodor Friends!!