Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 2 Athens or Istanbul in Nov'15 Solo female traveller
- 3 Ephesus shuttle tours
- 4 Change of plans - what to do between Granada and Malaga.
- 5 Ronda or Malaga as a base for Malaga Province?
- 6 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 7 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 8 overnight ferries?
- 9 Best Way to get to Prague from Torun, Poland
- 10 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 12 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 13 Advise for 4 days in Peloponnese
- 14 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 15 Madrid and Seville in February ?
- 16 Swimsuit for France, Switzerland, Austria?
- 17 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 18 Ira, Ira, Ira, who is Ira?
- 19 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 20 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 21 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 22 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 23 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 England/Scotland in January?
Hi Fodor Friends!!