Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 2 One Way... trust or bust?
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 5 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 6 American Style Restaurants in London
- 7 Walking GPS?
- 8 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 9 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 10 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 13 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 16 Portugal trains
- 17 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 18 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 19 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 20 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 21 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 22 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 23 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 24 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 25 12 days in the Italian Lakes
Hi Fodor Friends!!