Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 2 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 3 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 4 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 5 Theater in London
- 6 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 7 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 8 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 9 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 10 staying a month or so in each place
- 11 Tour Group Operators
- 12 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 13 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 14 Spending money in Italy?
- 15 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 CROATIA SPLIT
- 18 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 19 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 20 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 21 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 22 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 23 Majorca - where to stay?
- 24 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville