Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 3 French open
- 4 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 5 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 6 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 7 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 8 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 9 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 England and Scotland
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Air pollution in Paris
- 14 tulips in the Netherland
- 15 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 16 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 17 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 20 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 21 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Azores
- 24 Azores
- 25 San Marino - The world's smallest country