Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.trypromusclefit.com/exoslim-garcinia-cambogia/
- 2 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 3 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 6 Guides - Matera
- 7 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 8 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 9 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 10 Europe Sim card help
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Buying flowers in London?
- 13 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 14 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 15 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 18 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 19 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 20 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 21 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 22 MiFi in Italy
- 23 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 24 One quick week -- where in France?
- 25 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!