Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 2 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 3 Spain in November
- 4 at what point should one get health insurance
- 5 4 Months in Europe
- 6 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 7 Tipping in the UK
- 8 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 9 floods in Andalucia
- 10 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 11 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 12 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 13 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 16 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 17 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 18 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 19 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 20 Dubai to St. Juery France to Schaffhausen Switzerland
- 21 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 22 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 23 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 24 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 25 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!