Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 munich - day trips
- 2 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 3 Charles Degaulle question
- 4 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 5 To europe this Aug
- 6 Ireland in November
- 7 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 8 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 9 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 10 Madrid Airport
- 11 Heathrow Airport between terminals 4 & 5
- 12 Transportation in Bologna
- 13 FCO connection time
- 14 Departure Tax in UK
- 15 Edinburgh in March
- 16 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 17 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 18 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 19 Ireland ToDo
- 20 Parking in Italy
- 21 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 22 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 23 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 24 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 25 Slovania & Croatia
Hi Fodor Friends!!