Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 2 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 3 Southwestern England
- 4 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 5 Train tickets within Italy
- 6 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 7 In Paris on my own
- 8 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 9 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 10 Questions for Paris residents
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 13 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 14 Venice - apartment??????
- 15 Our first trip to Europe
- 16 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 17 Stay in Venice
- 18 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 19 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 20 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 21 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 22 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 23 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 24 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 25 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…