Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 8 Long weekend in Albania
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 car rental
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 13 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Munich and....???
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Northern Ireland ideas
- 25 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
Hi Fodor Friends!!