Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 2 Hotel in Lisbon
- 3 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 4 Tyrol - need general help
- 5 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 6 Italy food budget
- 7 What Irish/English map is best to have for an Ireland driving vacation
- 8 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 9 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 10 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 11 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 12 Munich accommodations
- 13 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 14 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 15 buying souviners and art
- 16 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 17 Where to stay in Prague?
- 18 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 21 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 22 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 23 Positano in high season???
- 24 Porto to Salamanca
- 25 Visiting Anne Frank House