Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 2 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 3 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 6 5 top Scams in Paris
- 7 RHK's Spring Trip
- 8 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 9 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 10 A day in Killarney
- 11 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 12 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 13 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 14 Finalizing Itinerary
- 15 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 16 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 17 data sim card for france
- 18 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 20 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 21 Rome Private Tours
- 22 Walking tour of Edinburgh
- 23 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 25 Driving through French Alps to Italy
Hi Fodor Friends!!