Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 3 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 4 Fashion for larger man?
- 5 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 6 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 7 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 10 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 11 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 14 Sicily - not a trip report
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 20 car rental advice in Portugal
- 21 Fjords, How To?
- 22 Duoro river cruises
- 23 What to wear
- 24 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 25 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer