Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 3 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 4 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 5 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 6 Where to spend Easter in Portugal
- 7 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 8 Sienna with kids
- 9 5 Days Galway, Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher
- 10 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 11 Tour or independent
- 12 Vet my itinerary
- 13 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 16 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 17 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 18 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 19 day tours - Loire Valley
- 20 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 21 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 22 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 23 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 24 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 25 Italy - best two central locations
Hi Fodor Friends!!