Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plug adapters ITALY
- 2 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 3 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 4 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 5 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 6 How to make this adventure work?
- 7 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 8 How much luggage?????
- 9 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 10 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 11 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 12 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 13 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 14 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 15 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 16 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 17 Madrid: Flamenco
- 18 Madrid: City Views
- 19 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 20 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 21 German Rail Twin Pass
- 22 ITALO trains need help
- 23 London restaurants
- 24 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?