Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 2 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 3 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 4 Berlin Itinerary
- 5 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 6 Need Help, Iceland
- 7 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 8 Please help me give good travel advice
- 9 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 10 driving from palermo to sciacca
- 11 Travel throught Europe
- 12 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 13 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 14 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 15 Macarons!
- 16 DCC on the increase?
- 17 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 18 How to Buy Fiorentina v Sevilla Football Tickets
- 19 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 22 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 23 MADRID AND GRANADA--A Magical Winter Week in Spain
- 24 One night for dinner in Rome
- 25 Hiking Trail in Santorini - Fira to Oia or Oia to Fira???