Hi Fodor Friends!!
After posting and searching on Fodors for hours I have come up with a "TEMPORARY" itinerary for 5 days in Paris in June.
A little about us before our trip: we are not interested in spending all our time in museums. Goal is to walk the villages and streets like a Parisian, eat and drink well, and roam the streets of Paris.
Day One: Thursday: Fly into Paris for 1 pm. Settle in in hotel and freshen up.
Visit D'Orsay (after much debate bw this or the Louvre, all signs point to Dorsay) since it is open late
Evening cruise on the Siene and light dinner
Day 2 Friday: Eiffel Tower early in the morning followed by
Arc De Triumph
Place de la Concorde
(If we feel up to it, since the Louvre is open late this day, we will pop in to check it out"
Day 3: Saturday
St Chappelle when it opens at 9:30
Notre Dame when it opens at 1030
St Germain quarter
Walk along the Siene
Day 4 : Sunday
8 am: Gardens of Versailles
9 am: Palace of Versailles
12 pm: Marie Antoinettes Estate
--> Maybe do Montmartre area in the afternoon?
Day 5: Day trip to Champagne?
Cover anything in Paris we didn't get to see?
So- I dont feel I have too much planned, and will need things to fill in the afternoons such as Day 4 after Versailles.
Any suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!!
Temporary Paris Itinerary
Hi Fodor Friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 2 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 3 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 4 Provence planning
- 5 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 6 Scottland for a day!
- 7 England, Paris itinerary help
- 8 Emilia Romagna Region
- 9 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 10 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 11 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 14 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 15 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 16 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 17 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 18 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 19 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 20 Shipping bags home
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 23 Germany for 3 weeks
- 24 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 25 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old