Will be traveling to these 3 countries this summer. Want to be able to use iPhone, iPAD and Apple computer, camera for the 3 of us. AT&T is our present carrier. Would like to be able to make/receive calls, use internet and applications on iPAD, and re-charge battery for camera. We also have hair dryers, straighteners, etc. that run on 110V. We are 3 very clueless women. What "gear" do we need to purchase here in US? Converter/adaptor plugs? We heard about unlocking phone and inserting SIM card? Can you do that with an iPhone? Do we need to make changes to the data plan for iPhone to accommodate European charges? Want to be able to use GPS, Yelp, Fodors, etc. on internet. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
"Technology" questions for Czech Republic, Austria and Hungary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 3 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 4 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 5 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 8 Monet in Normandy
- 9 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 10 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 11 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 12 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 13 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 14 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 15 Gargano Promontory
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Santorini
- 18 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 19 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 20 Airport to Piraeus
- 21 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 22 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 23 Day trips from Seville
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete