We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 2 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 3 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 4 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 5 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 AVE train tickets questions.
- 8 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 9 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 10 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 11 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 16 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 17 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 18 How big backpack do I need?
- 19 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 20 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 21 Path of the Gods Question
- 22 Loire Valley 12 days
- 23 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 24 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece