We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 2 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 3 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 4 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 5 Barcelona completely overrated
- 6 French lavender and cottages
- 7 What Greek islands should I visit
- 8 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 9 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 10 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 11 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 12 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 13 Ravello to Paestum
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Spain Itinerary Help
- 17 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 18 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 19 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 20 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 23 Girona and Besalau
- 24 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 25 Europe Destination with kids?