We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 2 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 5 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 8 Prague
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 13 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 14 A week in Paris
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 2 Months in Sicily
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 Azores
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich