We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 2 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 3 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 6 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 7 Another Question re Scotland
- 8 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 9 Dalmation coast in October?
- 10 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 12 credit and debit cards
- 13 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 14 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 15 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 16 Where to stay in Umbria
- 17 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 18 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 19 First Trip to Ireland
- 20 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 21 Greece or Croatia OR Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 22 Train up the Jungfrau
- 23 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 24 travel around Spain
- 25 Tattoos in Italy