We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 4 Madrid/Lisbon
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Greek fuel cost
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 12 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Day trips from Florence
- 16 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 17 May get together in Paris
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 21 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation