We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 2 European Cooking Secrets
- 3 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 4 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 7 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 8 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 9 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 10 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 11 My 60th birthday surprises
- 12 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 13 Help with first time trip with family
- 14 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 15 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 16 Verona or Athens?
- 17 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 18 Spain car rental questions
- 19 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 20 Basque country ideas
- 21 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 22 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 25 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016