We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 What one thing in Paris?
- 3 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 4 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 5 Rue des Rosiers
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 8 First Trip to Europe!
- 9 Switzerland in mid-April
- 10 sfo to europe
- 11 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 12 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 13 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 14 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 15 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 18 Car rental leaving Rome
- 19 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 20 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 21 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 22 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 23 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 24 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe