We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 2 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 One Way... trust or bust?
- 5 Portugal trains
- 6 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 7 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 8 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 9 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 11 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 12 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 13 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 16 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 17 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 18 Walking GPS?
- 19 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 20 Cost of Van from CDG
- 21 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 22 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 23 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 24 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 25 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland