We will be staying in Bellagio, Lake Como for 3 nights in June 2014.
The hotel is already booked and looks glorious - the Borgo Le Terrazze
The hotel is c. 3km outside of Bellagio and the reason we chose the hotel was mainly for the superb views it offers. With the hotel not being in the centre of Bellagio, it offers 6 trips into the centre via shuttle each day. From what I read on other forums from previous visitors is that on the whole, this is perfectly adequate.
However, I'm sure I read somewhere that the last shuttle from Bellagio is around 9pm (however now I can't find where I saw it). With this is mind, I have a couple of questions from people who have stopped either in Bellagio or Borgi Le Terrazze before:
- Are we likely to want to stay out longer than 9pm? Is there a lot happening after this time or will we just want to simply watch the world go by?
- With the likelihood of wanting to be in the midst of it all after 9pm, is anyone aware of any taxi-type service that is available? There is no public transport to this area (assuming this is because it's quite isolated and high up a hill) and I can't seem to find any reference to taxi services, or similar, apart from airport transfers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 Interesting places to visit
- 4 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 8 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 9 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 14 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 15 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 16 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 17 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 20 Another tipping question: concierges
- 21 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay