Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 3 Super Cover For Hertz
- 4 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 7 4 days itinerary for France
- 8 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 11 When to Visit Scotland
- 12 Where to buy Saffron?
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 House Hunting in France
- 18 Itinerary Tweaking
- 19 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 20 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 21 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Driving in Italy?
- 24 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 25 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary