Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?