Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Paris to Italy
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Driving through Paris
- 8 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 9 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 10 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?