Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 3 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 4 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 5 Airport Transit Visa
- 6 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 7 Travelling Iceland
- 8 Italian lake cruise
- 9 Paris advice with kids
- 10 Tuscany Itinerary
- 11 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 14 Route Information
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 19 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 20 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 21 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 22 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 25 My Topic TitleT 10 card question