Starting to think about the options for getting to our flat in London, located near Gloucester Road tube station, and would appreciate your help sussing out the choices.
1) Private car service: most expensive option, but is it worth it?
2) Taxi: what's the typical fare for a family of 4 with 1 piece of small luggage each?
3) Tube: obviously the cheapest option, but will it be hard to navigate with kids and luggage? Lifts, escalators, etc?
If I go with the Tube option, can I go ahead and get my 7 day Travelcards at LHR? Would I also fill up our Oyster cards there and use the Oyster cards to take the tube into London?
Also, re: the kids' Oyster cards, I will have to mail ahead for those before our trip... so should I just order all 4 of our Oyster cards ahead of time with a nominal amount of $ loaded onto them?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 2 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 3 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Salzburg itinerary review
- 8 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 9 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 10 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 Milan and Lake Como
- 13 weekend from cologne germany
- 14 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Switzerland in September
- 17 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 18 Where to eat in Rome?
- 19 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 20 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Positano or Sorrento?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!