March 20, 2009
I plan on visiting Eastern Europe this summer. Before I finalize an itinerary and make any bookings, I would like to know please what your thoughts are on Tartu , Estonia . I have visited the Baltic area before and I was very impressed with Stockholm , Visby (Gotland’s capital), Lubeck , Hamburg and to the east, Tallinn and ESPECIALLY Riga . I enjoyed all these places because in my opinion, they are all architecturally pretty. They are basically top-notch destinations from a sightseer’s perspective.
Anyways, I am a little reluctant to visit Tartu because not only would it be out of my way logistically, but also because I’d be visiting in summer and I imagine most of the students are not there then. So, in short, if I do decide to go there, it would be because the general consensus is that Tartu is of a similar quality to or caliber of places like Riga , Tallinn , etc. Of course, I do not want to miss out on an impressive sightseeing destination. Do you think Tartu is of a similar quality to the places I liked or do you think Tartu is more low-key in terms of being an impressive sightseeing destination?
Your opinion is much appreciated,
March 20, 2009
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 4 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 5 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 6 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 7 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 8 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 Prague - Tram #22
- 17 hotels in Seville
- 18 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 19 Three days in Spain
- 20 Location of hotel in Rome
- 21 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 22 Need advice for this
- 23 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 24 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 25 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?