March 20, 2009
I plan on visiting Eastern Europe this summer. Before I finalize an itinerary and make any bookings, I would like to know please what your thoughts are on Tartu , Estonia . I have visited the Baltic area before and I was very impressed with Stockholm , Visby (Gotland’s capital), Lubeck , Hamburg and to the east, Tallinn and ESPECIALLY Riga . I enjoyed all these places because in my opinion, they are all architecturally pretty. They are basically top-notch destinations from a sightseer’s perspective.
Anyways, I am a little reluctant to visit Tartu because not only would it be out of my way logistically, but also because I’d be visiting in summer and I imagine most of the students are not there then. So, in short, if I do decide to go there, it would be because the general consensus is that Tartu is of a similar quality to or caliber of places like Riga , Tallinn , etc. Of course, I do not want to miss out on an impressive sightseeing destination. Do you think Tartu is of a similar quality to the places I liked or do you think Tartu is more low-key in terms of being an impressive sightseeing destination?
Your opinion is much appreciated,
March 20, 2009
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 4 Stay near Paris
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 7 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 8 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 9 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 10 Koper to Trieste
- 11 Trieste and Koper
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 16 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 17 Pronunciation
- 18 Dublin Tour Companies
- 19 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?