The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europcar at vienna airport
- 2 Slovenia itinerary
- 3 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 4 Wine tour in Chianti
- 5 Bus ride to Positano
- 6 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 7 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 8 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 9 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 10 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 11 Amsterdam restaurants
- 12 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 13 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 14 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 15 Greece for a month with a baby
- 16 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 17 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 18 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park
- 19 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 20 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 21 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 22 Pousadas
- 23 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 24 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 25 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?