The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
- 1 jungfraujoch mid june
- 2 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 3 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 4 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 5 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 6 Amalfi Coast and Transportation Help Needed
- 7 6 Weeks Traveling Around: Italy, Austria, Budapest, Paris
- 8 Nice
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 Cuenca or Toledo
- 11 Last monte Paris apartment
- 12 Berlin's New Barbie Dreamhouse Opens to Feminists' Protests
- 13 Wimpy's
- 14 HELP stuck in Italy
- 15 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 16 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 17 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 18 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 19 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 20 10 days in Cortona- any suggestions ?
- 21 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 22 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 23 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 24 Transportation from Venice Island to Treviso Airport?
- 25 charming small French city for weeklong stay?