The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 London hotel tax is 20%
- 4 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 5 Venice - boats on canals
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Venice, just arrived
- 8 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 9 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 10 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 11 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 12 Ghent or Paris?
- 13 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 14 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 15 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 16 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 17 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 18 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 19 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 20 Do trains run past midnight???
- 21 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 22 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 23 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 24 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 25 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip