The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling in France by train
- 2 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 3 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 4 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 5 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 6 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 7 Sicily - not a trip report
- 8 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 Fashion for larger man?
- 14 car rental advice in Portugal
- 15 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 16 Fjords, How To?
- 17 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 18 Duoro river cruises
- 19 What to wear
- 20 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 21 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 22 Budget for 3 Month's
- 23 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary