The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 4 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 9 shortened trip to Italy
- 10 Gift for French business associate
- 11 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 12 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 13 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 14 Airbnb scam
- 15 Best data sim
- 16 Scotland Votes "No"
- 17 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 20 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 21 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 22 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 23 Alterations to night trains routes
- 24 Trip Report, part 1
- 25 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine