The Villa Hortensia (www.jpgoldart.ee) sounded just like the type of recommendations we like. It was and more. Jaan has renovated six of the seven medieval buildings in his little courtyard and it is beginning to be noted in many guidebooks for its artisan shops and the Chocolaterie. The night we arrived, a trio of musicians were playing beautiful music as tourists and locals ordered decadent desserts and hot chocolate, beer, wine, brandy, coffee as they enjoyed their evening in the courtyard. The rooms are upstairs in one of the buildings and are lofted. The beds are in the loft while the kitchen and bathroom are downstairs. We thought this might be a problem, but we found out it wasn’t. We became very attached to our space in the 13th-16th century building. And Jaan Parn is a great proprietor and person, as well as a great artisan himself (designer of fine jewelry). Don’t miss Tallinn!
Tallinn Estonia accommodations
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 Rome Accommodation
- 8 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 9 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 16 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 17 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 18 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 19 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 20 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 21 Greek islands from Turkey
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 rent car / Munich
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins