My husband and I will be in Paris in Sept 2010. We were planning on taking a train from Paris to Bayeux. However, I had read a post that someone said the train stopped first in Caen, then went on to Bayeux. We want to see Normandy and were thinking of staying in Bayeux as our base (to also visit other towns nearby). I'm having a hard time getting a hotel in the town of Bayeux. Do you think that Caen would also be a good place for a base? We were planning on renting a car once we settled in either Bayeux or Caen and driving around there area from there. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!! Thanks!
Taking train from Paris to Caen or Bayeux, France?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 2 Lake como
- 3 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 4 Itinerary Questions
- 5 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 6 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 A full week in The Netherlands
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 13 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Train travel in Europe
- 16 Prague Main Train Station
- 17 Place to propose
- 18 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 19 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 20 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 23 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 24 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 25 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1