My husband and I will be in Paris in Sept 2010. We were planning on taking a train from Paris to Bayeux. However, I had read a post that someone said the train stopped first in Caen, then went on to Bayeux. We want to see Normandy and were thinking of staying in Bayeux as our base (to also visit other towns nearby). I'm having a hard time getting a hotel in the town of Bayeux. Do you think that Caen would also be a good place for a base? We were planning on renting a car once we settled in either Bayeux or Caen and driving around there area from there. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!! Thanks!
Taking train from Paris to Caen or Bayeux, France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 2 Monet in Normandy
- 3 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 6 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 7 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 8 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 9 7 Nights in Paris
- 10 Gargano Promontory
- 11 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Santorini
- 14 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 15 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 16 Airport to Piraeus
- 17 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 18 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 19 Day trips from Seville
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 22 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 23 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 24 What time does Left-Luggage lockers open at Gare Du Nord??
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...