Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dalmation coast in October?
- 2 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 3 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 4 Confused on which train pass
- 5 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 10 Best of Norway
- 11 Bus Strike
- 12 Train up the Jungfrau
- 13 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
- 19 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 20 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 21 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 22 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 23 Another Question re Scotland
- 24 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern