Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 2 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 3 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 4 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 5 When and how to book for a trip?
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 10 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 11 please revew provence agenda
- 12 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 13 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 14 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 15 Lake Como - basta!
- 16 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 17 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 18 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 19 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 20 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 21 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 22 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 23 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 24 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 25 Norway in November