Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 Lake Maggiore
- 5 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 6 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 7 UK train question
- 8 Amsterdam Transit
- 9 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 10 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 11 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 12 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 13 Day trip suggestion from London
- 14 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 15 Day Trip near Paris
- 16 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 17 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 18 Bootcut jeans
- 19 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 20 Car rental insurance woes
- 21 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 22 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 23 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 24 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 25 Favorite tapas bars in Barcelona