Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 3 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 4 Scotland Trip
- 5 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 6 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 7 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 8 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 9 What to take to Germany
- 10 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 11 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 4 week trip Turkey
- 14 TARANGIRE NATIONAL PARK FULL DAY
- 15 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 16 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Holiday in Austria
- 19 What one thing in Paris?
- 20 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 21 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 22 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 23 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015