Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 2 Graz in January
- 3 Itinery help Crete
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 London Hotel - Different Request
- 6 Iceland trip report!
- 7 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 8 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 9 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 10 Threat Level in UK
- 11 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 12 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Sun loungers and parasols
- 15 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 16 3 nights in Madrid
- 17 Malaga Spain
- 18 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 19 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 23 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 24 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 25 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris