Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 2 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 3 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 4 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 My special places in Europe
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?