Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Taking my visually impaired mum to Europe.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Tour ends in Rome
- 4 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 5 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 8 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 9 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 10 Italy tours
- 11 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 12 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 13 Barcelona free tours??
- 14 London GTG late September?
- 15 Giverny in early October?
- 16 train in Spain
- 17 economy car rentals
- 18 Voltage in UK and France
- 19 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 20 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 21 Eleanor's Pages
- 22 Renfe site
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 25 Spain Night Train in Recliner