Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 4 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 5 Borghese Gallery Question
- 6 Sim Card
- 7 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 8 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 9 Airline to Rome
- 10 Finland around Christmas time?
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 14 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 18 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 19 Transport for local Venice travel
- 20 London vacation rental agency
- 21 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?