Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Tour groups
- 10 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 13 Ireland in April
- 14 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 So much to do, so little time!
- 18 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 19 Baby Milk
- 20 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 French restaurants
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 25 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port