Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 We're here!
- 7 6-7 Days in France
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 5 Days in Switzerland
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help