Im 24, I've never been to Europe, so i've decided to take the leap and take my mum next July/August, She did the lot when she was younger but hasn't been for years, now in her early fifties, I hope to take her back there, the only concern I have is that she is virtually blind. Although she is unable to see, I know she'll absolutely love it all the same, she loves lying by the pool, beautiful beaches, food, wine, shopping, markets etc..How could you not enjoy it!
My worries are that although she's quite agile, id like to avoid places with unruly, rocky pathways..lots of steps, etc... The easier it is to commute around the better. I am hoping to rely mostly on taxi's..however a kilometre or two here and there is not a problem. Also places which aren't filled with pissed 20 year old travellers, yet not too quiet, romantic haha needs to have a great vibe.
Here are the destinations I'm looking at visiting.
I'd love to hear all your thoughts on places, where I should/shouldn't visit. Tips?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 3 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Ireland
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 25 What to do at 7:00am