I'm leaving for Ukraine in 3 weeks, staying there in 3 different cities (Kiev, Lugansk, Odessa) for 2 weeks, and don't think $1,000 will be enough. I have read somewhere that $1,000 USD is the max allowed to be taken into the country. Can anyone tell me the rules concerning this? Can I, in fact, take more than $1,000? What takes place if I do, and I claim it upon entry? If I need more money while there, where can I get it and what credit cards are accepted? What is the best place to exchange currency? I've been to many other countries, and there are always places with better exchange rates than others. Is Ukraine like this? Is it better to carry cash, traveller's checks, or a combo? Where can I cash/use traveller's checks? Do they take a cut/percentage for using them? Any positive responses are greatly appreciated.
Taking more than $1,000 into Ukraine?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 history museums or locations
- 2 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 3 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 6 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 7 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 8 caroline_venezia
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 11 Italy trip questions
- 12 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 13 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 14 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 15 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 16 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 17 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 18 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 19 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 20 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 21 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 22 Suggestion for travel memories
- 23 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 24 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy