For my mother's 88th birthday, I'm thinking of taking her to Rome and Paris in April, since she's only been to Europe once (Czechoslovakia – the "Old Country" – about 15 years ago). I'm looking at about a 10 day trip, including flights. She's really quite healthy and active, though she does use a cane in public. Her tastes are simple and tend toward the every-day versus, say, art (though she would enjoy seeing some museums). I'm looking for recommendations, please, especially regarding Rome or Florence or Venice and Paris. Thanks in advance for your time.
Taking Mom to Europe
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 4 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 5 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 6 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 7 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 Family European winter holiday
- 10 15 days in Europe,
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 13 London for Christmas
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 To Paris and Provence in June
- 20 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 21 Travel by train or bus
- 22 Planning a holiday
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???