For my mother's 88th birthday, I'm thinking of taking her to Rome and Paris in April, since she's only been to Europe once (Czechoslovakia – the "Old Country" – about 15 years ago). I'm looking at about a 10 day trip, including flights. She's really quite healthy and active, though she does use a cane in public. Her tastes are simple and tend toward the every-day versus, say, art (though she would enjoy seeing some museums). I'm looking for recommendations, please, especially regarding Rome or Florence or Venice and Paris. Thanks in advance for your time.
Taking Mom to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling home from abroad
- 2 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 3 Dordogne in October
- 4 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 5 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 6 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 7 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 8 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 11 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 12 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 13 Paris first then where?
- 14 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 15 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 16 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 17 CROATIA SPLIT
- 18 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 19 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 20 Does this sound feasible?
- 21 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 22 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 23 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please