For my mother's 88th birthday, I'm thinking of taking her to Rome and Paris in April, since she's only been to Europe once (Czechoslovakia – the "Old Country" – about 15 years ago). I'm looking at about a 10 day trip, including flights. She's really quite healthy and active, though she does use a cane in public. Her tastes are simple and tend toward the every-day versus, say, art (though she would enjoy seeing some museums). I'm looking for recommendations, please, especially regarding Rome or Florence or Venice and Paris. Thanks in advance for your time.
Taking Mom to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip on the Rhine
- 2 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 3 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 4 UK for 12 days !
- 5 Estonia Amber
- 6 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 10 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 11 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 12 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 13 Toulouse and beyond -
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 19 Germany-berlin marathon
- 20 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 21 museum passes in Rome
- 22 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 23 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 24 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe