For my mother's 88th birthday, I'm thinking of taking her to Rome and Paris in April, since she's only been to Europe once (Czechoslovakia – the "Old Country" – about 15 years ago). I'm looking at about a 10 day trip, including flights. She's really quite healthy and active, though she does use a cane in public. Her tastes are simple and tend toward the every-day versus, say, art (though she would enjoy seeing some museums). I'm looking for recommendations, please, especially regarding Rome or Florence or Venice and Paris. Thanks in advance for your time.
Taking Mom to Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 2 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 3 London and Where Else in late December?
- 4 Matisse at Tate
- 5 Ireland Southwest
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 8 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 9 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 10 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 11 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 12 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 13 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 14 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 15 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 16 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 17 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 18 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 19 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 20 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 24 3 weeks in Europe
- 25 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?