Our relaxing time in Paris-
A number of people were in Paris the same time as we were-gomiki, cigalechanta, nikki, Patty, annhig , Toucan2 and Traviata. They all did much more than we did. We were lazy and just enjoyed Paris and being off from work and together for a change. Here are a few notes from our trip.
We arrived in Paris via Heathrow from Boston. We were lucky to make our British Air flight out of Heathrow because we didn’t realize that they close the gate for a flight 20 minutes before takeoff. I don’t really understand why they let you book a flight through the British Air website (the flight combination that comes up when you ask for Boston to Paris) that is almost impossible to make. Got the heart pumping and we were lucky to make the gate prior to it being closed.
For the first time we rented an apartment. This one we didn’t really hunt for. Cigalechanta hooked me up with A La Carte Paris and this was one of their places. http://www.alacarte-paris-apartments.com/Left-Bank-Pantheon.html I loved the look of it the minute I saw the photos and I wasn’t disappointed when we arrived. The rental company was great, very easy to work with and prompt with the one problem we had which was getting my iPad hooked up to the wifi. (Since we went across the street to an Apple place we knew the problem wasn’t my iPad.)
The building is at an intersection of several streets with the main one being rue Monge. The apartment itself is on the end of the building with windows facing each road. It was very light and airy. The rental agency provided a fair amount of supplies and other than the knives being pitiful we had no complaints. The only weird thing was that for some reason the toilet seat groaned when you sat making me think of elephants upon a small stool. Luckily it was on the other side of the apartment from the bedroom so those middle of the night trips didn’t disturb anyone. We loved the towel warmer!!
Another first for us was traveling with a device which would connect to the Internet. It made things so much easier to look up where places where and how to get there. Normally I try to copy and print everything so we have the information that we reviewed while planning for the trip. Inevitably something crucial was omitted and we wasted time looking for it. My iPad is light and a great toy for the flights as well.
In the afternoon we walked up rue Mouffetard to find the restaurant for that evening’s dinner. Christophe was around the corner from Church of St Etienne du Mont which figures in the movie Midnight in Paris. We arrived early for our 8pm reservation so walked up to see the church. I could see why they used that location because there was only one property on the street which looked modern. Someone was also filming at the corner of rue Descartes that night but we don’t know who.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love problem solution specialist astrologer in Budapest +27796318403 Baba
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 4 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 May get together in Paris
- 7 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 8 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Day trips from Florence
- 11 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 No Periods in British Written English!
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 17 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 21 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 22 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece
Our relaxing time in Paris-