Almost anywhere you go in Switzerland will have a picturesque setting, well preserved architecture and great organization. However, urban Swiss destinations are also very comparable to one another, meaning there is little need to visit them all for tourism purposes. I have been to many destinations in Switzerland and the sightseeing destinations that stand out for me are Zurich and Lucerne, meaning they are the greatest destinations the country offers. What do you think of Lausanne, Neuchâtel and St. Gallen? Do you think they rank up there with Zurich and Lucerne or do you think they are simply pleasant but average/ordinary?
Switzerland’s Best of the Bunch: Lausanne, Neuchâtel and/or St. Gallen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 2 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 5 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 6 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Arc de Triumph Question
- 9 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 10 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 11 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 12 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 13 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 14 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 15 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 19 Paris November 2014
- 20 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 21 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Traveling in France by train
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions