Hi Fellow Fodors,
We are flying into Zurich on August 2nd and need to be in Northern Italy (Piedmont area) on August 5th. We are trying to figure out where to stay that is in between Zurich and Milan/N.Italy. We originally thinking of Luzern and Como but I really want to avoid running around too much after our long flight. If it were just us, we would take a train to Como but I'm not sure if this will be overkill after getting off our 12 hour flight. After we touch down, we will have 3 nights to stay in the first leg of trip before arriving in N. Italy.
We will be in N. Italy for 3 nights (we have that segment of the trip planned) and will head back to Switzerland and have another 3 nights to spend somewhere. Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, or Luzern or any other suggestions?
We are generally interested in enjoying the scenary, regional cuisine, take a boat ride and/or small hike, and visit castles for my daughter's enjoyment.
I appreciate your help with locations, suggested lodging or any logistical tips you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엔트리게임 ● 연결 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 3 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 4 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 5 Vatican tour
- 6 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 7 Day in Capri
- 8 alcazar question and seville advice
- 9 TSA Precheck
- 10 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 Paris travel help
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 Rome hotel
- 20 Villa in Italy
- 21 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 22 Help me make this possible!
- 23 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 24 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 25 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
Hi Fellow Fodors,