Hi Fellow Fodors,
We are flying into Zurich on August 2nd and need to be in Northern Italy (Piedmont area) on August 5th. We are trying to figure out where to stay that is in between Zurich and Milan/N.Italy. We originally thinking of Luzern and Como but I really want to avoid running around too much after our long flight. If it were just us, we would take a train to Como but I'm not sure if this will be overkill after getting off our 12 hour flight. After we touch down, we will have 3 nights to stay in the first leg of trip before arriving in N. Italy.
We will be in N. Italy for 3 nights (we have that segment of the trip planned) and will head back to Switzerland and have another 3 nights to spend somewhere. Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, or Luzern or any other suggestions?
We are generally interested in enjoying the scenary, regional cuisine, take a boat ride and/or small hike, and visit castles for my daughter's enjoyment.
I appreciate your help with locations, suggested lodging or any logistical tips you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers
Hi Fellow Fodors,