Hi Fellow Fodors,
We are flying into Zurich on August 2nd and need to be in Northern Italy (Piedmont area) on August 5th. We are trying to figure out where to stay that is in between Zurich and Milan/N.Italy. We originally thinking of Luzern and Como but I really want to avoid running around too much after our long flight. If it were just us, we would take a train to Como but I'm not sure if this will be overkill after getting off our 12 hour flight. After we touch down, we will have 3 nights to stay in the first leg of trip before arriving in N. Italy.
We will be in N. Italy for 3 nights (we have that segment of the trip planned) and will head back to Switzerland and have another 3 nights to spend somewhere. Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, or Luzern or any other suggestions?
We are generally interested in enjoying the scenary, regional cuisine, take a boat ride and/or small hike, and visit castles for my daughter's enjoyment.
I appreciate your help with locations, suggested lodging or any logistical tips you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 2 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 3 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 4 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 9 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 10 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 11 Dover queues
- 12 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 15 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 16 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 17 From London to Paris to US
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 22 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 Ireland driving itinerary
Hi Fellow Fodors,