Hi Fellow Fodors,
We are flying into Zurich on August 2nd and need to be in Northern Italy (Piedmont area) on August 5th. We are trying to figure out where to stay that is in between Zurich and Milan/N.Italy. We originally thinking of Luzern and Como but I really want to avoid running around too much after our long flight. If it were just us, we would take a train to Como but I'm not sure if this will be overkill after getting off our 12 hour flight. After we touch down, we will have 3 nights to stay in the first leg of trip before arriving in N. Italy.
We will be in N. Italy for 3 nights (we have that segment of the trip planned) and will head back to Switzerland and have another 3 nights to spend somewhere. Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, or Luzern or any other suggestions?
We are generally interested in enjoying the scenary, regional cuisine, take a boat ride and/or small hike, and visit castles for my daughter's enjoyment.
I appreciate your help with locations, suggested lodging or any logistical tips you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 2 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 5 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 9 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 10 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 11 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 12 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 15 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 Vacation in Great Britain
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Trip Ideas
- 25 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
Hi Fellow Fodors,