We are thinking of cashing in FF miles to see Switzerland next August for about a week. The kids are 8 and 10 and are well travelled.
1. Is Switz. easy to travel with kids. From what I see it should be OK. We do have the option of leaving them with our parents.
2. Is August a good time to go with the kids?
3. For 7 to 10 days, should we just cover Switzerland or also pair it with another country. As part of using FF, I can fly into one city as a stopover and open jaw out of another.
4. For Switz., does this sound good: zurich to lucerne (2-3 nights)-does this cover Bernese area, then train to Montreaux, and then fly out of Geneva?
5. Other country pairs I guess would be the Italian lakes area or Vienna.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 4 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 5 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 6 4 days each in London and Paris
- 7 Switzerland in September
- 8 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 9 A few more questions about Brittany
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 London Theater
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 25 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map