We are thinking of cashing in FF miles to see Switzerland next August for about a week. The kids are 8 and 10 and are well travelled.
1. Is Switz. easy to travel with kids. From what I see it should be OK. We do have the option of leaving them with our parents.
2. Is August a good time to go with the kids?
3. For 7 to 10 days, should we just cover Switzerland or also pair it with another country. As part of using FF, I can fly into one city as a stopover and open jaw out of another.
4. For Switz., does this sound good: zurich to lucerne (2-3 nights)-does this cover Bernese area, then train to Montreaux, and then fly out of Geneva?
5. Other country pairs I guess would be the Italian lakes area or Vienna.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Cutback on Spain trip
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 where to stay in London?
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 8 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 9 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 10 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 11 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 12 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 13 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 16 driving from ancona to rome
- 17 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 18 Croatia transportation question.
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 23 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 2017 Easter in Italy