We are thinking of cashing in FF miles to see Switzerland next August for about a week. The kids are 8 and 10 and are well travelled.
1. Is Switz. easy to travel with kids. From what I see it should be OK. We do have the option of leaving them with our parents.
2. Is August a good time to go with the kids?
3. For 7 to 10 days, should we just cover Switzerland or also pair it with another country. As part of using FF, I can fly into one city as a stopover and open jaw out of another.
4. For Switz., does this sound good: zurich to lucerne (2-3 nights)-does this cover Bernese area, then train to Montreaux, and then fly out of Geneva?
5. Other country pairs I guess would be the Italian lakes area or Vienna.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 4 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 5 Ireland
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Italian car factory tours
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 12 Prague itinerary advice
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 17 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 18 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 19 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 20 10 day Italy
- 21 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 22 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Planning a European Trip