Hello! Thank you in advance for your help. I will be traveling to Switzerland with my spouse and my 15 month old baby during the second week in April. Our complete trip includes flying from the U.S. to Asia (our primary destination), with a stop-over in Switzerland as part of our return trip to the U.S. We have the option of staying between 3-5 days. We would love beautiful natural scenery in addition to picturesque towns, as opposed to big city adventures. We have the option of flying into and out of Zurich, and possibly Basel or Geneva, though Zurich is our preference. Given our short time-frame, I am looking for advice as to 1) what are your must sees, 2) whether you would recommend entering another country for a day such as France or Italy, given their proximity, and if so, which towns do you consider must-see, and 3) train or car given that we have a very active toddler. Thank you so much in advance for considering my loaded question!
Switzerland with an toddler
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 2 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 First time traveler to Ireland
- 5 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 6 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Prague - must see
- 13 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 21 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 22 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!