My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon trip for April 30th to May 6th of next year. We have been going back and forth between Switzerland and Greece for more than a month now, and can't make up our mind. I am a little concerned over the instability of Greece right now, however Greece does offer a more affordable trip and delicious food.
Food is very important for the both of us, so we want to try as many new tastes as we can. Aside from that, I am very interested in the architecture and history of the area, she... not so much. We both enjoy nature and clean air. I would love to go for a drive through some mountain twisties. If we went to Switzerland, I am afraid that after three days, we may find ourselves a little bit bored. We enjoy nature, but we aren't avid hikers. I don't see us hiking the mountains the whole time we are there.
Please help us try to decide between these two countries.
P.S. A trip to Switzerland doesn't rule out the possibility of visiting a second country in addition to Switzerland.
P.P.S. We will probably be flying out of South Korea on Sunday, the 30th of April.
Thanks for any advice you might have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 2 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 3 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 4 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 5 Netflix and Hulu
- 6 Trying to decide on a Colmar hotel for 4 nights
- 7 Find Ibis CDG/Take the Péripherique?
- 8 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 9 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 10 1 hour from Stockholm to Nynashamn
- 11 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 12 City Pass v. 2 for 1
- 13 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 14 Train & Car Rental Logistics from Florence
- 15 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 16 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 17 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 18 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 19 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 22 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 23 5 days in switzerland
- 24 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 25 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa