We plan to go to Switzerland this October around 2 weeks (from 8 - 22 October 2016). In our group we will have 4 adults and 1 toddler (two active college-age, two young parents, and one 2 years old boy). I try to fit the trip plan for all of us, which fun enough for my brother-in-law and his friend and relax enough of us as a parents and suitable for our 2 years old boy.
I have the itinerary (rough one so far) below. Could anyone advise any useful tips for this?
What to do in each places like what is the best way to get there, book train pass in advance or on the spot, should I bring baby stroller or it's a big hustle for this trip, how will the weather overthere during this time. I'm really looking forward for this trip but yet very nervous since this is our first Europe trip ever and we have zero knowledge on this.
Day 1 - arrived in Zurich. Stay for 1 night.
Day 2 - train from Zurich to Zermatt
Day 3, 4, 5 stay in Zermatt
Day 6 - train from Zermatt to Lauterbrunnen
Day 7, 8, 9 - stay in Lauterbrunnen
Day 10 - Train from Lauterbrunnen to Lucerne
Day 11,12 - Stay in Lucerne
Day 13 - train from Lucerne to Zurich. Stay in Zurich for 1 night
Day 14 - Depart back to Bahrain/Houston
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Bruges
- 7 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 14 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 15 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 16 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 19 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 22 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald