Just trying to get some feedback on the train travel in switzerland. Our planned itinerary & train travel as per below, and i'm still not sure whether it makes sense to get the Swiss Pass or the Half Fare Card. And also, whether the BO Regional Pass also makes sense to do the traveling around the Bernese Oberland.
Day 1 - Arrive Zurich. Train Zurich-Luzern. Base in Luzern
Day 2 - Go up Mt Pilatus. Train/bus Luzern - Kriens/Wesemlinrain & back. Base in Luzern.
Day 3 - Train Luzern-Interlaken-Lauterbrunnen. Also travel around by train to Lake Thun & surrounding. Base in Lauterbrunnen
Day 4 - Go up Jungfraujoch. Train Lautebrunnen-Jungfraujoch, and back via Grindelwald. Base in Lauterbrunnen
Day 5 - Travel around Murren / Schilthorn / Gimmelwald. Base in Lauterbrunnen
Day 6 - Train to Lauterbrunnen-Montreux. Also travel around to Veytaux Chillon, Villeneuve. Base in Montreux
Day 7 - Travel around to Gorges du Chauderon, Rochers-de-Naye by train. Base in Montreux
Day 8 - Train Montreux to Geneva airport. Depart via Geneva
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 2 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 3 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 4 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 5 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 13 Poland to Austria In December
- 14 Alsace to Austria?
- 15 Wales
- 16 Paris in early august
- 17 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
Switzerland trains - SwissPass / Half Fare / BO Regional Pass?