Hi (I'm a first-timer at this forum)... I'm travelling with my teenage sons (14 and 12) Sept/Oct for 3 wks flying into London and out of Milan. The trip so far: London (5 nights), Eurostar to Paris (6 nights), Paris to Switzerland by train (Murren - 4 nights). We are then left with 5 days to explore northern Italy before flying out midday Milan. I am at a loss as to the best way to go about it without crisscrossing back and forth. Is there a way to get from Switzerland to Venice (would really like to go there) and then back to Verona and maybe Bergamo? Or do we have to go to Milan first? Also wouldn't mind slotting in the lakes. Is it too much to ask? While I'm on the questions: do you think it is a good idea to go from Paris to Murren and base ourselves there for the time in Switzerland? I know it's a full day of travelling, but the trains are supposed to be amazing. Any other suggestions most welcome. We will be looking forward to some downtime and hiking, etc. following the two major cities of London and Paris. Thank you!
Switzerland to Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 4 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 5 Granada
- 6 Coffee in Naples
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 8 22 year olds in Europe
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 A Sardinia trip report
- 11 Eastern Europe
- 12 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 13 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 14 Azores
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 17 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 4 weeks in the UK
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 22 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 23 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 24 First time to Switzerland
- 25 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?