Hi (I'm a first-timer at this forum)... I'm travelling with my teenage sons (14 and 12) Sept/Oct for 3 wks flying into London and out of Milan. The trip so far: London (5 nights), Eurostar to Paris (6 nights), Paris to Switzerland by train (Murren - 4 nights). We are then left with 5 days to explore northern Italy before flying out midday Milan. I am at a loss as to the best way to go about it without crisscrossing back and forth. Is there a way to get from Switzerland to Venice (would really like to go there) and then back to Verona and maybe Bergamo? Or do we have to go to Milan first? Also wouldn't mind slotting in the lakes. Is it too much to ask? While I'm on the questions: do you think it is a good idea to go from Paris to Murren and base ourselves there for the time in Switzerland? I know it's a full day of travelling, but the trains are supposed to be amazing. Any other suggestions most welcome. We will be looking forward to some downtime and hiking, etc. following the two major cities of London and Paris. Thank you!
Switzerland to Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 5 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 6 Best beach town in Italy?
- 7 Italy and Croatia
- 8 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 11 Five nights in Extremadura
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 14 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 15 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 16 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 17 trip to norway
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 Where to go in France mid July?
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 24 Cotswold Churches
- 25 A Greek sojourn