Hi (I'm a first-timer at this forum)... I'm travelling with my teenage sons (14 and 12) Sept/Oct for 3 wks flying into London and out of Milan. The trip so far: London (5 nights), Eurostar to Paris (6 nights), Paris to Switzerland by train (Murren - 4 nights). We are then left with 5 days to explore northern Italy before flying out midday Milan. I am at a loss as to the best way to go about it without crisscrossing back and forth. Is there a way to get from Switzerland to Venice (would really like to go there) and then back to Verona and maybe Bergamo? Or do we have to go to Milan first? Also wouldn't mind slotting in the lakes. Is it too much to ask? While I'm on the questions: do you think it is a good idea to go from Paris to Murren and base ourselves there for the time in Switzerland? I know it's a full day of travelling, but the trains are supposed to be amazing. Any other suggestions most welcome. We will be looking forward to some downtime and hiking, etc. following the two major cities of London and Paris. Thank you!
Switzerland to Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 2 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 3 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 4 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 5 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 6 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 7 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 8 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 9 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 10 Capital One credit card car and personal insurance question?
- 11 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 12 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 13 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 14 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 15 Romanic overnight in Girona
- 16 Two Month Europe Trip
- 17 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 18 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 19 Bella to Rome
- 20 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 21 Cotswolds first time
- 22 Cornwall or Paris?
- 23 Latest Itinerary
- 24 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 25 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair