Hi (I'm a first-timer at this forum)... I'm travelling with my teenage sons (14 and 12) Sept/Oct for 3 wks flying into London and out of Milan. The trip so far: London (5 nights), Eurostar to Paris (6 nights), Paris to Switzerland by train (Murren - 4 nights). We are then left with 5 days to explore northern Italy before flying out midday Milan. I am at a loss as to the best way to go about it without crisscrossing back and forth. Is there a way to get from Switzerland to Venice (would really like to go there) and then back to Verona and maybe Bergamo? Or do we have to go to Milan first? Also wouldn't mind slotting in the lakes. Is it too much to ask? While I'm on the questions: do you think it is a good idea to go from Paris to Murren and base ourselves there for the time in Switzerland? I know it's a full day of travelling, but the trains are supposed to be amazing. Any other suggestions most welcome. We will be looking forward to some downtime and hiking, etc. following the two major cities of London and Paris. Thank you!
Switzerland to Northern Italy
- 1 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 2 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 3 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 4 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 5 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 6 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 7 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 8 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 9 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 10 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 13 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 14 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 15 Stop over in France
- 16 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 17 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 18 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 19 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 20 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 21 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 22 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 23 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 24 Northern Italy
- 25 Home base in Provence in July