My husband and I are trying to plan a trip September, 2005 to central/western europe. Our two criteria are that we want to see at least some part of Switzerland and definitely want to spend a few days in Amsterdam. I've looked into river cruises, but there seems to be a lack of cruises starting in Switz. and ending in Amsterdam, especially this time of year. Does anyone have any suggestions on itinerary or best mode of transportation for a trip of this sort? We will have about 12-14 days for the trip and are thinking of choosing 3 places to stay (one being Amsterdam). We like a relaxed itinerary and are not big on guided tours. Any suggestions or feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
Switzerland to Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 2 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 3 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 4 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 5 Traveling in France by train
- 6 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 7 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 8 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Fashion for larger man?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions