We are planning a trip July 2013, 1 week in Bavaria and 1 week in Switzerland w/ 2 adults and 2 adult children 20 and 21 y/o. Swiss itinerary...2 nights in Luzern @ Balm Meggen...Train...3 nights Murren @ Hotel Belleview... 2 nights Geneva/Lausanna area..Question; would it make sense to train to Lausanna take ferry across Lake Geneva to Evian in France and Stay @ Hilton FREE w/ Hilton Points getting 2 rooms and use that as our base to travel to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux and other Swiss area, taking ferry back and forth to Evian, or would that not make sense logistically speaking...I would probably purchase a Half Fare card in Switzerland for all transportation. Would that card work going from Evian to Lausanne since ferry originates in France? My brain hurts...Mark
Switzerland: Stay in Geneva/Lausanne or Evian-les-Bains France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Travel with Teens
- 6 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 7 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 11 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 12 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 13 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 14 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 15 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 20 I think this is a scam!
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 23 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 24 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt