We are planning a trip July 2013, 1 week in Bavaria and 1 week in Switzerland w/ 2 adults and 2 adult children 20 and 21 y/o. Swiss itinerary...2 nights in Luzern @ Balm Meggen...Train...3 nights Murren @ Hotel Belleview... 2 nights Geneva/Lausanna area..Question; would it make sense to train to Lausanna take ferry across Lake Geneva to Evian in France and Stay @ Hilton FREE w/ Hilton Points getting 2 rooms and use that as our base to travel to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux and other Swiss area, taking ferry back and forth to Evian, or would that not make sense logistically speaking...I would probably purchase a Half Fare card in Switzerland for all transportation. Would that card work going from Evian to Lausanne since ferry originates in France? My brain hurts...Mark
Switzerland: Stay in Geneva/Lausanne or Evian-les-Bains France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como transportation questions
- 2 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 3 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 4 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 7 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 10 Budget family trip to Europe
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 13 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 14 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 15 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 16 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 17 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 20 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 21 By train to and out of Prague
- 22 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 23 Cylades Island Hopping
- 24 7 Nights in Paris
- 25 Normandy and Loire