My family (Wife, Daughter 1 - Age 2, Daughter 2 - Age 1) and I are planning a 4 day trip to Zurich and nearby areas accessible by public transport. I am very confused by all the options available as far as rail passes go. I have a few questions and will appreciate and help/guidance:
1. Do my daughters need separate passes?
2. I have read that it is possible to purchase a group pass (with 2 to 5 names listed on it) for a discount - does this apply to my situation, will I need to list all four of us on the pass, and where do I go buy this?
3. I have read that there is not a substantial difference between the 1st & 2nd class experiences (especially not one that justifies the difference is cost) - my question here is, if I buy a 2nd class pass, can I upgrade select journeys for an additional cost to first class? How would this work?
A couple of unrelated questions around travel in Switzerland in general:
1. I am hoping to carry two small strollers (umbrella type) and two medium size back packs (with all of the baby food, diapers etc.) - Is this going to be an issue with booking 2nd class tickets?
2. Will we need to carry car seats with us (in the off chance that we need to hail a cab etc.) or do taxis have special permits that will allow us to ride in taxis without car seats for the babies?
As you may have gathered, a primary objective is to make the vacation fun for the entire family including the two young ones. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris---baguette question???
- 2 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 3 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 4 Vienna to Bratislava
- 5 a loss about Paris
- 6 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 7 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 8 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 9 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 10 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 11 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 12 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 13 What type of visa is right for me?
- 14 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 15 RHK's Fall escape
- 16 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 17 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 18 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 19 Christmas Eve
- 20 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 21 Olive farm visit in Tuscany - olive harvest, oil pressing
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Glassblowing in Prague
- 24 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th