My family (Wife, Daughter 1 - Age 2, Daughter 2 - Age 1) and I are planning a 4 day trip to Zurich and nearby areas accessible by public transport. I am very confused by all the options available as far as rail passes go. I have a few questions and will appreciate and help/guidance:
1. Do my daughters need separate passes?
2. I have read that it is possible to purchase a group pass (with 2 to 5 names listed on it) for a discount - does this apply to my situation, will I need to list all four of us on the pass, and where do I go buy this?
3. I have read that there is not a substantial difference between the 1st & 2nd class experiences (especially not one that justifies the difference is cost) - my question here is, if I buy a 2nd class pass, can I upgrade select journeys for an additional cost to first class? How would this work?
A couple of unrelated questions around travel in Switzerland in general:
1. I am hoping to carry two small strollers (umbrella type) and two medium size back packs (with all of the baby food, diapers etc.) - Is this going to be an issue with booking 2nd class tickets?
2. Will we need to carry car seats with us (in the off chance that we need to hail a cab etc.) or do taxis have special permits that will allow us to ride in taxis without car seats for the babies?
As you may have gathered, a primary objective is to make the vacation fun for the entire family including the two young ones. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 2 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 3 Amsterdam B&B
- 4 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 5 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 6 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 7 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 8 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 9 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 What do pack for Ireland?
- 14 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 15 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 16 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 17 Burgos vs Leon, Avila vs Segovia
- 18 Netflix and Hulu
- 19 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 20 Best routeLago maggiore to Dolcedo--where to stop
- 21 How many days for Tallinn, Riga and Vilinus?
- 22 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 23 Dinge B&B
- 24 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 25 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)