My family (Wife, Daughter 1 - Age 2, Daughter 2 - Age 1) and I are planning a 4 day trip to Zurich and nearby areas accessible by public transport. I am very confused by all the options available as far as rail passes go. I have a few questions and will appreciate and help/guidance:
1. Do my daughters need separate passes?
2. I have read that it is possible to purchase a group pass (with 2 to 5 names listed on it) for a discount - does this apply to my situation, will I need to list all four of us on the pass, and where do I go buy this?
3. I have read that there is not a substantial difference between the 1st & 2nd class experiences (especially not one that justifies the difference is cost) - my question here is, if I buy a 2nd class pass, can I upgrade select journeys for an additional cost to first class? How would this work?
A couple of unrelated questions around travel in Switzerland in general:
1. I am hoping to carry two small strollers (umbrella type) and two medium size back packs (with all of the baby food, diapers etc.) - Is this going to be an issue with booking 2nd class tickets?
2. Will we need to carry car seats with us (in the off chance that we need to hail a cab etc.) or do taxis have special permits that will allow us to ride in taxis without car seats for the babies?
As you may have gathered, a primary objective is to make the vacation fun for the entire family including the two young ones. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 알라딘양방 ▣ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Paris advice with kids
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 5 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 6 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 7 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 8 Paris travel help
- 9 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 13 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 14 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 One night in the Dolomites
- 18 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 19 Airport Transit Visa
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 22 Where in Greece
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Vatican tour
- 25 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?