Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Revised itinerary for italy
- 5 Amalfi Coast help
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 A good book!!
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 19 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 25 Road Trip From Frankfurt