Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 2 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 3 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Trip suggestion
- 7 Back from Paris
- 8 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 9 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 14 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Summer Travel order
- 20 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days