Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/right-pick/
- 2 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Rome hotel
- 6 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 7 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 8 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 11 Seville to Cordoba
- 12 London Hotel - Different Request
- 13 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 21 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 25 Sim Cards