Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 English Countryside
- 2 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 3 Paris---baguette question???
- 4 Munich
- 5 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 6 Puglia or La Langhe
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 9 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 12 Need help in travel planning
- 13 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 14 French immersion courses in France
- 15 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 16 Vienna or Budapest?
- 17 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 18 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 19 Italy/Greece with kids
- 20 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 10 day Greek Island trip
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?