Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Switzerland - October 16th - 20th ( Half Term)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Mont St Michel
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 6 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 7 London hotel
- 8 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 9 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 15 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 nearby cities to london
- 18 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 19 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 20 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 21 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 22 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Porto -City Break
- 25 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??