Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Switzerland - October 16th - 20th ( Half Term)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 2 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 3 2 for 1 tickets
- 4 Carinthia
- 5 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 6 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 7 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 8 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 9 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 12 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Mont St. Michele?
- 15 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 16 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 17 Southwestern England
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 20 London/Help
- 21 Is Jungfraujoch worth the trip for a CLAUSTROPHOBIC person?
- 22 recommendations for driver/transfer tour from Siena to Rome airport.
- 23 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 24 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 25 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?