Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 2 Places to visit from Zurich
- 3 Loire Valley restaurants
- 4 Rome Water Shortage
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 7 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 8 Appenzell in December?
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 13 The DCC scam is spreading
- 14 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 15 Day Trips from Granada
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Christmas in Spain
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 23 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 24 Moldova and Transnistria
- 25 Getting around London