Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice at Christmas
- 2 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 3 Best way to see Croatia?
- 4 Norwway trip report
- 5 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 6 The highlands
- 7 Camino Redux
- 8 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 9 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 10 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 11 Berlin to Barcelona
- 12 Giverny, Rouen, Honfleur advice
- 13 DayTrip to Hallstatt from Cesky Krumlov?
- 14 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 15 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 16 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 17 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.
- 18 Help with Colmar on Rhine cruise
- 19 Switzerland in April
- 20 Inexpensive Gifts to Bring Back
- 21 Hotel for stay in Montpellier
- 22 Montpellier to Arles
- 23 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Flat iron/hair straightener purchase Paris