Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland Hotels
- 2 Florence and Rome
- 3 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 4 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 5 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 6 Amalfi October 16-25
- 7 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 8 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 9 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 10 21 nights in England, please help
- 11 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 14 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 15 Trip report European honeymoon
- 16 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 17 Sentimental Journey
- 18 Need advice on Greek islands
- 19 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 20 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 21 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 22 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 23 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 24 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 London vacation, 1st time in UK