Am taking the liberty to post a new thread just because there is already one existing ( by asmama) and I do not want to confuse issues. Any help ,idea, template itinerary ,advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am looking to make a short trip to Switzerland with my wife & 2 kids ( 13 & 5 resp)between the days mentioned in the topic - tying in with the october half term. An option suggested by Swiss Travel Centre is on the higher side - estimate of £ 2000 plus and hence this request.
We want to mix up all, land , rail & water travel if possible to get the maximum out of the 5 days. Excursions to Jungfrau ,Titlis are mandatory (kids want that). I intend to be in Zurich by mid-day Saturday 16th Oct and fly out evening of the 20th. Would also like to visit Luzern, Interlaken ,Engleberg if enroute to either of the mountains.
I have seen some very helpful posts on the asmama thread and am working through that but as we are travelling a little later and for a shorter duration , I cannot afford the luxury of that travel. What about the weather that time of the year ( altho I am quite aware of the mountain weather uncertainity).
All help, more than appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 5 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 6 Iceland for Nine Days
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 13 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 14 Rome or Venice first
- 15 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 16 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 17 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 18 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 19 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 20 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 23 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 24 3 day trip to iceland
- 25 Alitala