I am travelling to Switzerland from 21 June to 4 July For a holiday. I have planned my itinerary but realised that there are some areas where I'll need some advice with.
1. The itinerary for Wengen is mostly outdoor and weather dependent. Are there any suggestions for wet weather activities?
2. Should I change 30th June from Lausanne to Zermatt?
3. Should I get a half fare card or a swiss pass?
4. Any other sugesstions on my itinerary?
Appreciate all advise and suggestions. Here's my itinerary:
21 June -Lucerne:
Arrival @ Zurich 0800am
Zurich to Lucerne train @ 0845, 0913
Reach hotel @ ~1000, 1020
Leave hotel by 1100
Mt Pilatus Golden Round Trip (if rainy weather, swap with 22 June's activities)
22 June - Lucerne:
Swiss transport museum
Dying Lion Monument
23 June - Lucerne:
Day Trip to Berne
24 June - Wengen:
Train from Lausanne to Wengen @ 0605
Reach Hotel Edelweiss @ 0920
25 June - Wengen:
26 June - Wengen:
Flyingwheels full day bike
27 June - Wengen:
Eiger trial (optional, takes over any of the first 3 days activities if weather is not ideal)
28 June - Lausanne:
29 June - Lausanne:
Maison Cailler - Chocolate Factory
Castle of Gruyeres
House of Gruyeres cheese (optional)
Explore town of Gruyeres
30 June - Lausanne:
?? Shld I change this to zermatt, any other interesting things to do in lausanne or nearby ?
1 July - Zermatt:
2 July - Zermatt:
3 July - Zurich:
4 July - flight back in the morning
Switzerland Itinerary Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Spain itineraries
- 3 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 8 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 9 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 12 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Scotland
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 17 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 18 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 19 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 20 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 21 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 25 Street food in Turkey