I am travelling to Switzerland from 21 June to 4 July For a holiday. I have planned my itinerary but realised that there are some areas where I'll need some advice with.
1. The itinerary for Wengen is mostly outdoor and weather dependent. Are there any suggestions for wet weather activities?
2. Should I change 30th June from Lausanne to Zermatt?
3. Should I get a half fare card or a swiss pass?
4. Any other sugesstions on my itinerary?
Appreciate all advise and suggestions. Here's my itinerary:
21 June -Lucerne:
Arrival @ Zurich 0800am
Zurich to Lucerne train @ 0845, 0913
Reach hotel @ ~1000, 1020
Leave hotel by 1100
Mt Pilatus Golden Round Trip (if rainy weather, swap with 22 June's activities)
22 June - Lucerne:
Swiss transport museum
Dying Lion Monument
23 June - Lucerne:
Day Trip to Berne
24 June - Wengen:
Train from Lausanne to Wengen @ 0605
Reach Hotel Edelweiss @ 0920
25 June - Wengen:
26 June - Wengen:
Flyingwheels full day bike
27 June - Wengen:
Eiger trial (optional, takes over any of the first 3 days activities if weather is not ideal)
28 June - Lausanne:
29 June - Lausanne:
Maison Cailler - Chocolate Factory
Castle of Gruyeres
House of Gruyeres cheese (optional)
Explore town of Gruyeres
30 June - Lausanne:
?? Shld I change this to zermatt, any other interesting things to do in lausanne or nearby ?
1 July - Zermatt:
2 July - Zermatt:
3 July - Zurich:
4 July - flight back in the morning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living