I am travelling to Switzerland from 21 June to 4 July For a holiday. I have planned my itinerary but realised that there are some areas where I'll need some advice with.
1. The itinerary for Wengen is mostly outdoor and weather dependent. Are there any suggestions for wet weather activities?
2. Should I change 30th June from Lausanne to Zermatt?
3. Should I get a half fare card or a swiss pass?
4. Any other sugesstions on my itinerary?
Appreciate all advise and suggestions. Here's my itinerary:
21 June -Lucerne:
Arrival @ Zurich 0800am
Zurich to Lucerne train @ 0845, 0913
Reach hotel @ ~1000, 1020
Leave hotel by 1100
Mt Pilatus Golden Round Trip (if rainy weather, swap with 22 June's activities)
22 June - Lucerne:
Swiss transport museum
Dying Lion Monument
23 June - Lucerne:
Day Trip to Berne
24 June - Wengen:
Train from Lausanne to Wengen @ 0605
Reach Hotel Edelweiss @ 0920
25 June - Wengen:
26 June - Wengen:
Flyingwheels full day bike
27 June - Wengen:
Eiger trial (optional, takes over any of the first 3 days activities if weather is not ideal)
28 June - Lausanne:
29 June - Lausanne:
Maison Cailler - Chocolate Factory
Castle of Gruyeres
House of Gruyeres cheese (optional)
Explore town of Gruyeres
30 June - Lausanne:
?? Shld I change this to zermatt, any other interesting things to do in lausanne or nearby ?
1 July - Zermatt:
2 July - Zermatt:
3 July - Zurich:
4 July - flight back in the morning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 2 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Biarritz family holiday
- 5 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 6 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 7 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 14 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 18 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 19 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 20 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 Towersey, London