I am travelling to Switzerland from 21 June to 4 July For a holiday. I have planned my itinerary but realised that there are some areas where I'll need some advice with.
1. The itinerary for Wengen is mostly outdoor and weather dependent. Are there any suggestions for wet weather activities?
2. Should I change 30th June from Lausanne to Zermatt?
3. Should I get a half fare card or a swiss pass?
4. Any other sugesstions on my itinerary?
Appreciate all advise and suggestions. Here's my itinerary:
21 June -Lucerne:
Arrival @ Zurich 0800am
Zurich to Lucerne train @ 0845, 0913
Reach hotel @ ~1000, 1020
Leave hotel by 1100
Mt Pilatus Golden Round Trip (if rainy weather, swap with 22 June's activities)
22 June - Lucerne:
Swiss transport museum
Dying Lion Monument
23 June - Lucerne:
Day Trip to Berne
24 June - Wengen:
Train from Lausanne to Wengen @ 0605
Reach Hotel Edelweiss @ 0920
25 June - Wengen:
26 June - Wengen:
Flyingwheels full day bike
27 June - Wengen:
Eiger trial (optional, takes over any of the first 3 days activities if weather is not ideal)
28 June - Lausanne:
29 June - Lausanne:
Maison Cailler - Chocolate Factory
Castle of Gruyeres
House of Gruyeres cheese (optional)
Explore town of Gruyeres
30 June - Lausanne:
?? Shld I change this to zermatt, any other interesting things to do in lausanne or nearby ?
1 July - Zermatt:
2 July - Zermatt:
3 July - Zurich:
4 July - flight back in the morning
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 hill of crosses
- 5 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 10 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 13 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 21 Austria Trip Report
- 22 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 Northern Ireland ideas
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg