We are very excited to have a trip to Switzerland planned for this summer, but we need some help planning our itinerary!
We've booked an apartment in Lauterbrunnen for a week in mid-July (my husband's favourite spot from a backpacking trip years ago), to share with his parents, who are coming from England to join us. We have one more week to spend on our own without the family (flights not booked yet, but that's the plan), so we'd like some advice about where to spend the other seven days. We were thinking of cutting the week in half and doing a few days before and a few days after the family time.
We don't want to move around too much - ideally, we'd like one base for each half of the week with possible day trips from there.
What we like to do:
We like hiking, outdoor scenery (can't go wrong in the whole country, I know!), good food, and sightseeing. Not too into shopping, but we do enjoy exploring cities as well as countryside. While in Lauterbrunnen, we'll be doing outdoorsy stuff around the area (Wengen, Jungfraujoch, etc.)
Current (very tentative) plan:
Fly into Zurich. Spend a few days there, maybe with a day trip to Lucerne (husband was in Lucerne, but not Zurich - I've never been to Switzerland at all). Week in Lauterbrunnen. Few days in Montreux after with a day trip to Gruyere (or stay in Gruyere with a day trip to Montreux?), fly out of Geneva.
1/2 week - ???
1 week - Lauterbrunnen
1/2 week - ???
We've also heard a lot about Murren - it's very close to Lauterbrunnen, so I don't know if it would be worth doing as a second location for our last 1/2 week (FYI - my husband LOVES the mountain views, so similar isn't necessarily bad). Or Zermatt - I'd love to see the Matterhorn, but from my research it seems Zermatt has become just a Disney-esque tourist trap with the one big view.
The Montreux jazz fest is on when we first arrive, so if we went to Montreux first the city would be packed and extra-expensive (hotels are inflated at least 25% that week). We'd be only mildly interested in the festival stuff, so it's not worth the crowds and extra money for us.
Thoughts? Is our current plan a good one, or is there something we should change?
Thanks so much in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 국내카지노골프투어【#HOT424。COM#】발리바고카지노
- 2 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오Casino
- 3 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』메가스포츠카지노
- 4 마카오카지노여행【#HOT424。COM#】카지노겜
- 5 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』메가스포츠카지노
- 6 강원랜드카지노게임종류【#HOT424。COM#】카지노팁
- 7 바카라카지노게임방법【#HOT424。COM#】카지노보험
- 8 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』메가카지노
- 9 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』리스보아카지노
- 10 월드바카라【#HOT424。COM#】나인플러스카지노
- 11 정통카지노【#HOT424。COM#】카지노고수
- 12 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』명품카지노나인
- 13 내국인출입카지노【#HOT424。COM#】한국카지노
- 14 카지노바카라정보【#HOT424。COM#】대구바카라
- 15 사이버원정카지노【#HOT424。COM#】일본도박장
- 16 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오카지노여행
- 17 하이원카지노리조트【#HOT424。COM#】홍콩호텔카지노
- 18 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오카지노산업
- 19 강원랜드바카라잭팟【#HOT424。COM#】제주도바카라
- 20 페가수스카지노【#HOT424。COM#】부산바카라
- 21 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오카지노후기
- 22 강원랜드이기는법【#HOT424。COM#】우리나라카지노
- 23 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』마카오카지노후기
- 24 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』라스베가스카지노여행
- 25 카지노바카라게임【#HOT424。COM#】강원랜드광고
Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??