I'm planning a trip to Switzerland end of May/beginning of June and would really appreciate any expert feedback you may have based on the places I'm interested in visiting. I love to enjoy beautiful scenery, cute quaint towns, culinary adventures and shops.
I am planning to fly from the U.S. into Geneva and begin there exploring the rest of the country by train. The cities I'd like to visit are Lausanne, Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, Gruyeres, and Lucerne. Also I am interested in riding the cheese/chocolate train and also visiting a famous chocolate factory. And perhaps the Bernina Express? I will also be visiting Lake Como after the Swiss itinerary is completed. I would really appreciate any feedback at all about which cities I should actually book hotel stays and which are feasible as day trips only. Also any advice on how to arrange the sequence of stops. Thanks so much in advance for all of your participation, time and assistance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Lake Como AREA questions
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 11 Spain - day driver advice
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 19 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece