I'm planning a trip to Switzerland end of May/beginning of June and would really appreciate any expert feedback you may have based on the places I'm interested in visiting. I love to enjoy beautiful scenery, cute quaint towns, culinary adventures and shops.
I am planning to fly from the U.S. into Geneva and begin there exploring the rest of the country by train. The cities I'd like to visit are Lausanne, Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, Gruyeres, and Lucerne. Also I am interested in riding the cheese/chocolate train and also visiting a famous chocolate factory. And perhaps the Bernina Express? I will also be visiting Lake Como after the Swiss itinerary is completed. I would really appreciate any feedback at all about which cities I should actually book hotel stays and which are feasible as day trips only. Also any advice on how to arrange the sequence of stops. Thanks so much in advance for all of your participation, time and assistance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Flight Question
- 2 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 10 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 LIsbon
- 13 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 14 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 15 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 16 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 Spain in July
- 25 Summer Travel order