I'm planning a trip to Switzerland end of May/beginning of June and would really appreciate any expert feedback you may have based on the places I'm interested in visiting. I love to enjoy beautiful scenery, cute quaint towns, culinary adventures and shops.
I am planning to fly from the U.S. into Geneva and begin there exploring the rest of the country by train. The cities I'd like to visit are Lausanne, Montreux, Bern, Interlaken, Gruyeres, and Lucerne. Also I am interested in riding the cheese/chocolate train and also visiting a famous chocolate factory. And perhaps the Bernina Express? I will also be visiting Lake Como after the Swiss itinerary is completed. I would really appreciate any feedback at all about which cities I should actually book hotel stays and which are feasible as day trips only. Also any advice on how to arrange the sequence of stops. Thanks so much in advance for all of your participation, time and assistance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Paris cooking classes
- 4 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 5 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 6 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Ireland itinerary help please
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 16 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 19 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 20 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 23 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking