We are planning to be in Switzerland for 6 nights as per the following programme:
2 nights at Lucerne (arriving from Stuttgart, may be spend a few hours at Bern on the way)
2 nights at Lauterbrunnen
2 nights at Brig (to cover Zermatt, and from here leave for Milan on the 7th day)
I have a Eurailpass to cover me for day 1 and day 7, and I am planning to have a 4-day Swiss flexi saver pass (covering 4 out of the remaining 5 days)
have booked the hotels and need to tee up the train timings but here are my specific questions:
1. I don't particularly like the fact that I am moving hotels thrice, especially with reasonably heavy luggage. Can I instead stay at Lauterbrunnen and cover Lucerne via day trip?
2. The main reason of staying at Brig on the last 2 days is because it would be efficient to go to Milan from there. Can Zermatt be covered from here? Am I missing much by not staying in Zermatt
3. For the day I am not covered by the rail pass, can I keep it for Lauterbrunnen? I.e., does the ride up consume a day of the flexi pass?
Would really appreciate some guidance on the above. Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Corfu
- 17 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 18 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 24 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking