We are planning to be in Switzerland for 6 nights as per the following programme:
2 nights at Lucerne (arriving from Stuttgart, may be spend a few hours at Bern on the way)
2 nights at Lauterbrunnen
2 nights at Brig (to cover Zermatt, and from here leave for Milan on the 7th day)
I have a Eurailpass to cover me for day 1 and day 7, and I am planning to have a 4-day Swiss flexi saver pass (covering 4 out of the remaining 5 days)
have booked the hotels and need to tee up the train timings but here are my specific questions:
1. I don't particularly like the fact that I am moving hotels thrice, especially with reasonably heavy luggage. Can I instead stay at Lauterbrunnen and cover Lucerne via day trip?
2. The main reason of staying at Brig on the last 2 days is because it would be efficient to go to Milan from there. Can Zermatt be covered from here? Am I missing much by not staying in Zermatt
3. For the day I am not covered by the rail pass, can I keep it for Lauterbrunnen? I.e., does the ride up consume a day of the flexi pass?
Would really appreciate some guidance on the above. Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living