We are planning to be in Switzerland for 6 nights as per the following programme:
2 nights at Lucerne (arriving from Stuttgart, may be spend a few hours at Bern on the way)
2 nights at Lauterbrunnen
2 nights at Brig (to cover Zermatt, and from here leave for Milan on the 7th day)
I have a Eurailpass to cover me for day 1 and day 7, and I am planning to have a 4-day Swiss flexi saver pass (covering 4 out of the remaining 5 days)
have booked the hotels and need to tee up the train timings but here are my specific questions:
1. I don't particularly like the fact that I am moving hotels thrice, especially with reasonably heavy luggage. Can I instead stay at Lauterbrunnen and cover Lucerne via day trip?
2. The main reason of staying at Brig on the last 2 days is because it would be efficient to go to Milan from there. Can Zermatt be covered from here? Am I missing much by not staying in Zermatt
3. For the day I am not covered by the rail pass, can I keep it for Lauterbrunnen? I.e., does the ride up consume a day of the flexi pass?
Would really appreciate some guidance on the above. Many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 10 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?