Based on a past trip to Switzerland with an amazing itinerary courtesy Fodors.com , I am looking to plan another one to the same area with our parents, both 60+ and 2 kids , 8 & 11 and then the rest in the middle age groups.
Day 1 - Birmingham to Zurich and then to Interlaken/Grindelwald by nightfall. Zurich day tour.
Day 2 - Visit the Jungfrau + anything else that can be clubbed in.
Day 3 - Visit Trummelbach Falls and then to Lucerne for the evening
Day 4 - Via Alpnachstad to Pilatus on the rack railway
Day 5 - Open , ideally paragliding in Lucerne if the weather permits
Day 6 - Lucerne to Zurich and back to the blighty!
Given that the days will be much lighter in August, I can look to club the paragliding at Grindelwald and catch a couple of places around Lucerne or get back to the UK Day 5 evening.
It would be great to get some feedback on this, alongwith tweaking the travel dates and places to get the maximum out of the week in there.
For the duration , what would be an advisable travel plan ? Using a 4 day Swiss Pass ? Anything else..
All suggestions are more than welcome and I thank you for that.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 French language immersion schools in France
- 7 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Edinbrugh
- 20 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?