Based on a past trip to Switzerland with an amazing itinerary courtesy Fodors.com , I am looking to plan another one to the same area with our parents, both 60+ and 2 kids , 8 & 11 and then the rest in the middle age groups.
Day 1 - Birmingham to Zurich and then to Interlaken/Grindelwald by nightfall. Zurich day tour.
Day 2 - Visit the Jungfrau + anything else that can be clubbed in.
Day 3 - Visit Trummelbach Falls and then to Lucerne for the evening
Day 4 - Via Alpnachstad to Pilatus on the rack railway
Day 5 - Open , ideally paragliding in Lucerne if the weather permits
Day 6 - Lucerne to Zurich and back to the blighty!
Given that the days will be much lighter in August, I can look to club the paragliding at Grindelwald and catch a couple of places around Lucerne or get back to the UK Day 5 evening.
It would be great to get some feedback on this, alongwith tweaking the travel dates and places to get the maximum out of the week in there.
For the duration , what would be an advisable travel plan ? Using a 4 day Swiss Pass ? Anything else..
All suggestions are more than welcome and I thank you for that.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 21 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 22 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains