Based on a past trip to Switzerland with an amazing itinerary courtesy Fodors.com , I am looking to plan another one to the same area with our parents, both 60+ and 2 kids , 8 & 11 and then the rest in the middle age groups.
Day 1 - Birmingham to Zurich and then to Interlaken/Grindelwald by nightfall. Zurich day tour.
Day 2 - Visit the Jungfrau + anything else that can be clubbed in.
Day 3 - Visit Trummelbach Falls and then to Lucerne for the evening
Day 4 - Via Alpnachstad to Pilatus on the rack railway
Day 5 - Open , ideally paragliding in Lucerne if the weather permits
Day 6 - Lucerne to Zurich and back to the blighty!
Given that the days will be much lighter in August, I can look to club the paragliding at Grindelwald and catch a couple of places around Lucerne or get back to the UK Day 5 evening.
It would be great to get some feedback on this, alongwith tweaking the travel dates and places to get the maximum out of the week in there.
For the duration , what would be an advisable travel plan ? Using a 4 day Swiss Pass ? Anything else..
All suggestions are more than welcome and I thank you for that.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 3 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 San Sebastián
- 14 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales