Hello, we are planning on spending a week in the Bernese Oberland Alps in July, and are looking for hikes that have spectacular scenery and overnight options, but aren't over-run with hikers. We are looking for classic Swiss Alpine scenery. Hikes that use huts or guesthouses would be great. I've read about hikes around Grindelwald, which look lovely but look like they may be over-run with hikers and tourists in the summer. The Meiringen area looks good, too,as does the Kanderstep area. Of course, all of these areas look gorgeous so there's no bad choice! And I realize that by traveling in July, I am of course going to run into other hikers. Any ideas about these various areas -- or others that might be favorites -- would be very appreciated!
Switzerland hikes: Kanderstep or Grindelwald or Meiringen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 2 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 train to Vernon France
- 5 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 8 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 11 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 20 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 nearby cities to london
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 9 days in turkey