Hello, we are planning on spending a week in the Bernese Oberland Alps in July, and are looking for hikes that have spectacular scenery and overnight options, but aren't over-run with hikers. We are looking for classic Swiss Alpine scenery. Hikes that use huts or guesthouses would be great. I've read about hikes around Grindelwald, which look lovely but look like they may be over-run with hikers and tourists in the summer. The Meiringen area looks good, too,as does the Kanderstep area. Of course, all of these areas look gorgeous so there's no bad choice! And I realize that by traveling in July, I am of course going to run into other hikers. Any ideas about these various areas -- or others that might be favorites -- would be very appreciated!
Switzerland hikes: Kanderstep or Grindelwald or Meiringen?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Foie gras, redux
- 4 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 5 Dublin Tour Companies
- 6 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 7 Day trips from Seville
- 8 Oktoberfest reservations
- 9 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 10 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 13 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 14 Southern France
- 15 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids