Hello, we are planning on spending a week in the Bernese Oberland Alps in July, and are looking for hikes that have spectacular scenery and overnight options, but aren't over-run with hikers. We are looking for classic Swiss Alpine scenery. Hikes that use huts or guesthouses would be great. I've read about hikes around Grindelwald, which look lovely but look like they may be over-run with hikers and tourists in the summer. The Meiringen area looks good, too,as does the Kanderstep area. Of course, all of these areas look gorgeous so there's no bad choice! And I realize that by traveling in July, I am of course going to run into other hikers. Any ideas about these various areas -- or others that might be favorites -- would be very appreciated!
Switzerland hikes: Kanderstep or Grindelwald or Meiringen?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 ACHETER FAUX PASSEPORT(email@example.com),
- 2 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 3 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 4 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 5 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 6 Istanbul hotels
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 2 Week European Itinerary
- 9 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 13 Chambermaid tipping
- 14 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 18 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 19 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 20 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Channel Islands
- 23 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 24 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 25 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?