My husband and I have recently moved to Geneva and our three 20-something children will be coming for Christmas, arriving just in time to miss the midieval festival that is put on at the Chateau de Chillon and the Christmas fairs in Montreux and elsewhere. If anyone has suggestions for short trips (2-3 days max) from Geneva that would be fun for them, I'd really appreciate it. They are not very museum-friendly, on the whole, I'm afraid : ( but they would probably enjoy an interesting castle or two - shopping - outdoor sports - ..... Thanks in advance for any out-of-the-ordinary ideas.
Switzerland France 24 December to 1 January !
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 4 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 5 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 6 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 7 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 8 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 9 Advice please...
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 12 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 14 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 Paris in black and white
- 17 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 18 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 19 Hey Fodor's
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 22 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 23 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct