My husband and I have recently moved to Geneva and our three 20-something children will be coming for Christmas, arriving just in time to miss the midieval festival that is put on at the Chateau de Chillon and the Christmas fairs in Montreux and elsewhere. If anyone has suggestions for short trips (2-3 days max) from Geneva that would be fun for them, I'd really appreciate it. They are not very museum-friendly, on the whole, I'm afraid : ( but they would probably enjoy an interesting castle or two - shopping - outdoor sports - ..... Thanks in advance for any out-of-the-ordinary ideas.
Switzerland France 24 December to 1 January !
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 2 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 3 Istanbul hotels
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 5 2 Week European Itinerary
- 6 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 7 TGV and Provence questions
- 8 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Car in Prague
- 11 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 12 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 13 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 14 Rome Accommodation
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 19 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 20 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France