This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona free tours??
- 2 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 3 Air France strike
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 6 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 7 Tour ends in Rome
- 8 Pisa or Siena?
- 9 Italy tours
- 10 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 11 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 12 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 13 Giverny in early October?
- 14 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 18 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 19 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 20 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 21 London GTG late September?
- 22 train in Spain
- 23 economy car rentals
- 24 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 25 Eleanor's Pages