This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 6 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 12 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 13 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 14 Avoid Europcar!
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 17 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 18 quickest way to Prague
- 19 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 20 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 21 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 22 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 23 Amsterdam
- 24 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 25 Europe Winter Itinerary