This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 2 Want to find host family in Munich, Germany
- 3 INTERESTED IN A HOME EXCHANGE ?
- 4 Guided Tour on Coach vs rail and city tours
- 5 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 6 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 7 7 countries in a month
- 8 Adjoining Rooms in Rome?
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 10 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 11 2 weeks in Spain
- 12 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 13 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 14 floods in Andalucia
- 15 Recommendations for a Paris Apartment Rental Agency
- 16 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 17 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 18 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 19 Day trips out of Florence?
- 20 2 Days in Rome
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Having a great time Romania
- 23 Rome Restaurant Recognizance
- 24 Hotel Santa Maria, Rome in the winter?
- 25 Portugal