This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 2 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 Riga 2014
- 5 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 8 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 9 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 10 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 11 Back home problems with sim card
- 12 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 13 Budapest
- 14 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 15 Budapest--baggage storage
- 16 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 17 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 18 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 19 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 20 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 21 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 22 How do you find French food?
- 23 Day trips from Seville
- 24 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 25 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice