This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 2 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 3 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 4 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 5 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 8 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 9 Iceland Day 5
- 10 Holland/France/Spain
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 13 Montenegro in September
- 14 3 week stay in Scotland
- 15 Paris, France
- 16 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 17 sfo to europe
- 18 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 22 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 23 What one thing in Paris?
- 24 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 25 Rue des Rosiers