This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 2 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 3 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 4 10 Days trip to Europe
- 5 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 6 Time to go through customs in Glascow, Scotland
- 7 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 8 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 9 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 10 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Finalizing Itinerary
- 13 American looking for any work in Italy
- 14 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 15 Draft Ireland itinerary - does it look ok?
- 16 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 17 Madrid to Dordogne
- 18 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 19 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 20 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 21 Another Visit to London
- 22 London Weekly Apartment
- 23 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 24 Papal Audience at the Vatican
- 25 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!