This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 2 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 3 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 4 Trains
- 5 Paris Bastille Day
- 6 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 7 Paris Art Galleries
- 8 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 9 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 10 malaga to madrid train ?
- 11 Anyone been to Fastnacht or Fasnacht in Switzerland?
- 12 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 13 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 14 Denmark cycle tour
- 15 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 16 Barcelona restaurants
- 17 Accommodation
- 18 Italy for 5 nights!
- 19 Is Rome and Amalfi safe for women?
- 20 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 21 Travel to San Gimignano
- 22 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 23 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 24 car rental agency
- 25 1 month & unrealistic expectations