This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 Overnight Train Questions
- 3 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 6 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 7 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 8 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 9 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 10 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 11 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 12 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 13 Vet my itinerary
- 14 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 17 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 18 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 19 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 21 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 22 Istanbul tour guides?
- 23 Flamenco Shows
- 24 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 25 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!