This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 2 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 7 Chur or St Moritz?
- 8 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 11 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 17 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 18 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Apartment Montreux area
- 21 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 24 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 25 Greek Village