This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 2 going to italy
- 3 where to stay in Germany
- 4 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 5 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 6 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 7 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 8 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 9 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 10 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 11 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 12 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 15 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 16 10 days in England
- 17 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 18 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 19 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 20 Ayasofya Hotel
- 21 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 22 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 23 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 24 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 25 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag