This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 2 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 3 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 4 Paris info required
- 5 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 6 Spa in Scotland
- 7 DCC on the increase?
- 8 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 9 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 10 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 11 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 12 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 help and advice
- 17 help on my Portugal Itinerary - 11 days
- 18 Is it a bad time to go?
- 19 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 20 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 21 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 22 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 23 A First and Fantastic Visit to Istanbul
- 24 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 25 Garmisch