This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
- 1 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 2 Place to propose
- 3 Portugal in September
- 4 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 5 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 9 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 10 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?
- 11 Need help deciding - Italy or Spain in winter
- 12 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 13 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 14 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 An Solo Ameircan in Paris
- 18 Itinerary Questions
- 19 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 20 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 21 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Train travel in Europe
- 24 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 25 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata