This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna highlights
- 2 Toulouse and beyond -
- 3 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 4 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 7 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 8 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 9 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 10 Seville hotels
- 11 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 12 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 13 Italy
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 20 Reims for a day
- 21 Lavender Fields
- 22 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 23 Munich
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice