This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International driving permit required in France?
- 2 First Time Going to Europe
- 3 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 4 How long in Venice?
- 5 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 6 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 9 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 10 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 11 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 12 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 13 Traditional food in Athens
- 14 After a Wild Thyme in Armenia: Retreat to Moscow
- 15 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Getting cash in Spain
- 17 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 18 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 19 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 20 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 21 Russian Folk Dance program in Moscow
- 22 Greek Ferries in October - Q's
- 23 Cotswolds village base
- 24 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 25 I booked "Paris in Winter"