This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To europe this Aug
- 2 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 3 Ireland in November
- 4 Switzerland and Italy 8 days
- 5 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 6 I'm back.....
- 7 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 8 Switzerland itinerary help
- 9 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 10 Departure Tax in UK
- 11 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 12 Ireland ToDo
- 13 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 14 FAQs
- 15 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 16 Charles Degaulle question
- 17 Normandy - driving trip
- 18 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 19 Ballet Bolshoi
- 20 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 21 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 22 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 23 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 24 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 25 Very last minute Swiss train help!