This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary tips for first timers
- 2 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 3 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 4 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 5 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 6 Ski resorts on Christmas Day/Eve in Switzerland
- 7 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 8 Globus vs. Insight for Italy
- 9 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 10 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 11 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 12 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 13 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?
- 14 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 15 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 16 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 17 2 Days in Istanbul
- 18 Journees du Patrimoine
- 19 Segovia Hotel
- 20 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 21 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 22 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 23 Germany Itinerary
- 24 La Tavola Marche
- 25 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney