This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 2 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 3 100 years of French gratitude
- 4 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 8 Day Trips from Nice
- 9 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 10 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 11 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 12 London restaurants
- 13 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 14 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 15 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 16 Istanbul water
- 17 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 18 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 21 Norway 2014
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 25 Cinque Terre v Tuscany