This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 Hungary - Budapest Eger Szentendre photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 6 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 9 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 10 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 11 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 12 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 13 9 days in turkey
- 14 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 15 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Nice Video about Poland
- 18 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 19 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 20 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 21 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 22 Estonia Amber
- 23 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 24 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?