This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 2 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 3 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 4 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 5 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 6 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 7 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 8 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 9 Emilia Romagna Region
- 10 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 11 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 12 Scottland for a day!
- 13 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 14 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 15 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 16 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 17 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 18 Provence planning
- 19 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 20 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 21 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 22 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 23 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 24 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 25 Voltage in UK and France