This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Switzerland for family with seniors and kid
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 2 My poppy arrived today!
- 3 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 4 Naples and Salerno
- 5 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 6 Recommendation for one day trip from Cortona for first timers
- 7 Garmisch
- 8 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 9 Base for walking in Ireland.
- 10 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 11 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 12 Floating the Gorge!!!
- 13 Greek Island honeymoon
- 14 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 15 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 16 Please review ireland golf and sight seeing trip for beginning of May
- 17 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 18 Portugal with children
- 19 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 20 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 21 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 22 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 23 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 24 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 25 drive how far from GLA first day?