This is my first post so maybe I am not posting in the right section or in right way.
If that's the case please excuse me!
I am planning a trip to Switzerland with my parents (60+)
and my wife and 3 year old from Netherlands.
We wish to enjoy scenic alps (bernese oberland?) with some scenic train rides.
No hiking and museums possible unfortunately.
I am thinking of buying Swiss 4day rail pass and don't
want (also can not afford) to spend much more than that on travel.
So no Jungfrau or etc .
Can you please advise on
1.what should be my base? I have narrowed on some accommodations in
Biel,Zurich, Grindelwald (in ascending order of cost)
2. the trip is going to be 4 nights/5 days so is rail pass (4 days 193 EUR)
worth? I am planning to stay at one place and travel to Lucerne,Zweimissen, Lauterbrunnen etc
3. Is there a cheap way to go from Paris to Basel other than French trains?
4. Any suggested itinerary will be gratefully acknowledged
Thanks and regards
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 2 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 3 Restaurant / Food suggestions for the Golden Circle
- 4 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 5 London for work Paris for play!
- 6 Free Trip to Italy On Line (Video + Stills)
- 7 Texans Take a Tour
- 8 Our first trip to Europe
- 9 Prague Trip Report
- 10 Help - Fly back from Rome or Milan?
- 11 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 12 Winery tours
- 13 Umbrella Stroller for Central Europe
- 14 Rental Car Options
- 15 Lake Maggiore?
- 16 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 17 If Greece exits
- 18 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 19 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 20 Rome Walking Guide
- 21 Car rental Spain to France
- 22 Expresso Wifi - Other Wifi Devices
- 23 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary
- 24 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 25 what to do in florence