My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Car rental from Barcelona
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary