My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 First time in Bulgaria
- 3 Cambridge in May
- 4 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 10 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 11 Madrid/Lisbon
- 12 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Greek fuel cost
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 17 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 18 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Day trips from Florence
- 21 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 22 May get together in Paris
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece