My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월드카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼슈퍼카지노」바카라
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia