My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Paris in November
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 What's a must to buy in Paris?