My husband, 10 month infant, and myself are planning a 5 week trip to Switzerland in May/June 2016 (baby will be 10 months old at the time of travel). We plan on using trains as our main, possibly only, means of transportation as we travel around Switzerland. Our trip will consist of 1 week in Zurich then we plan on choosing 3-4 other locations to serve as a home base for 1+ week as we explore each region. So, at a maximum, we will be staying in 5 different hotels.
To get to Switzerland, we will be flying from the US and will be bringing the baby's car seat. We will need the carseat for our trip home, but we are trying to figure out whether we should pack it around with us throughout Switzerland.
Are carseats required on Swiss trains? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for how to handle the carseat that we are bringing with us? Are there convenient storage options in Zurich to store it while we travel? Another option is to use the carseat and stroller combination, but that seams like a lot to carry around, considering we can use baby carriers and a compact stroller instead.
We'd love to hear how others handled a similar situation and any pros/cons!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 세븐카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노˚생중계카지노
- 2 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 3 Top Tapas Tascas
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 London with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Best Viking Sites
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Ex-pats with young kids
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 16 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 21 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 25 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?