I'm looking into a 2 week trip from the end of March to mid-April to visit family in Nyon, Switzerland. I found a decent flight into Geneva, and now I'm trying to plan the rest of the itinerary. Since Nyon is so close to France, I figured there might be some good French places to visit as well. So far, these are the spots that people have suggested I look into checking out:
- the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
- the St. Bernard museum in Martigny
Any other suggestions for places in Switzerland and/or nearby France? Any suggestions for how to get around (e.g. car, rail - and if so, whether a Swiss Pass from Rail Europe or a Eurail France-Switzerand pass would be better? - etc.).
Thanks, seasoned travelers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Healthy eating in Rome
- 2 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 3 Italy in August with kids
- 4 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 5 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 6 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 7 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 8 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 9 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 10 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 11 French Prem Train Fares
- 12 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 13 Itenerary Opinion
- 14 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 15 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 16 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 17 10 Days trip to Europe
- 18 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 19 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 20 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 21 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool
- 22 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 23 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 24 Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Hermann Rorschach Inkblot Test
- 25 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old