I'm looking into a 2 week trip from the end of March to mid-April to visit family in Nyon, Switzerland. I found a decent flight into Geneva, and now I'm trying to plan the rest of the itinerary. Since Nyon is so close to France, I figured there might be some good French places to visit as well. So far, these are the spots that people have suggested I look into checking out:
- the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
- the St. Bernard museum in Martigny
Any other suggestions for places in Switzerland and/or nearby France? Any suggestions for how to get around (e.g. car, rail - and if so, whether a Swiss Pass from Rail Europe or a Eurail France-Switzerand pass would be better? - etc.).
Thanks, seasoned travelers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days in Austria
- 2 Train Help
- 3 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 4 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 7 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 8 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 11 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 12 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 13 Austria
- 14 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 15 Salento penninsula
- 16 Train rides
- 17 What about Basque Country?
- 18 Bursa/Iznik
- 19 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 20 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 21 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 22 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 23 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 24 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 25 Charles Degaulle question