I'm looking into a 2 week trip from the end of March to mid-April to visit family in Nyon, Switzerland. I found a decent flight into Geneva, and now I'm trying to plan the rest of the itinerary. Since Nyon is so close to France, I figured there might be some good French places to visit as well. So far, these are the spots that people have suggested I look into checking out:
- the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
- the St. Bernard museum in Martigny
Any other suggestions for places in Switzerland and/or nearby France? Any suggestions for how to get around (e.g. car, rail - and if so, whether a Swiss Pass from Rail Europe or a Eurail France-Switzerand pass would be better? - etc.).
Thanks, seasoned travelers!!
Switzerland... and maybe France?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 3 Rocamaxour
- 4 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 5 France in 2003
- 6 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 7 Maratea
- 8 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 9 2 different itineraries
- 10 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 11 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 12 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 13 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 16 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 17 Home Base in Belgium
- 18 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 19 Now for the Venice hotel
- 20 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 21 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 22 Turn Back or Forge Ahead?
- 23 Arles as a base?
- 24 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 25 My Camino de Santiago