I'm looking into a 2 week trip from the end of March to mid-April to visit family in Nyon, Switzerland. I found a decent flight into Geneva, and now I'm trying to plan the rest of the itinerary. Since Nyon is so close to France, I figured there might be some good French places to visit as well. So far, these are the spots that people have suggested I look into checking out:
- the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
- the St. Bernard museum in Martigny
Any other suggestions for places in Switzerland and/or nearby France? Any suggestions for how to get around (e.g. car, rail - and if so, whether a Swiss Pass from Rail Europe or a Eurail France-Switzerand pass would be better? - etc.).
Thanks, seasoned travelers!!
Switzerland... and maybe France?
- 1 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 2 Planning a holiday
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 5 Gogartys, Dublin
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 10 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 11 15 days in Europe,
- 12 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 13 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 14 Advises for trip to Russia
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 Sicily 10 days
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 21 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 22 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 25 Portugal in September