I'm looking into a 2 week trip from the end of March to mid-April to visit family in Nyon, Switzerland. I found a decent flight into Geneva, and now I'm trying to plan the rest of the itinerary. Since Nyon is so close to France, I figured there might be some good French places to visit as well. So far, these are the spots that people have suggested I look into checking out:
- the Glacier Express from Zermatt to St. Moritz
- the St. Bernard museum in Martigny
Any other suggestions for places in Switzerland and/or nearby France? Any suggestions for how to get around (e.g. car, rail - and if so, whether a Swiss Pass from Rail Europe or a Eurail France-Switzerand pass would be better? - etc.).
Thanks, seasoned travelers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 2 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 3 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?
- 5 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 6 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 7 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 8 Shortest return to Paris (or somewhere else you loved) after coming home
- 9 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 10 Must do/see in Rome
- 11 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 12 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 13 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 14 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 15 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 16 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 17 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 18 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 19 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 20 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 21 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 22 Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Travel in England and Scotland
- 24 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 25 London to Edinburgh transportation