Aug 13, 2015, 12:36 AM
We are a family of 3 (2 Adults and 1 child 9 years), planning our next summer vacations in Switzerland for about 8 days. We start early June 2016
We would be reaching ZURICH and then straight away want to reach the mountain region of BERN for about 3 days and would like to take the many side trips everyday to enjoy it to the most
How would be the WEATHER?
Next 3 days in INTERLAKEN OR WENGEN OR LAUTERBRUNNEN and again day trip to Jangfrouj etc
Next 2 days in Luzern & back to Zurich airport
I am thinking of buying the 8 day family pass OR should i buy any other pass ?? I
I think i have to buy 2 Adult passes which cost about CHF363/- x2 = CHF726/(2nd class) for our family of 3 people
Based on above, could you kindly suggest
1. Is my itinerary fine and doable, what other choice can you people advise for a first ever visit to Switzerland
2. Can i get a reasonable double bed in CHF100-120/- with breakfast? Can u recommend any hotels?
3. Dont want to spend much on eating, we will only be using the road side eateries like Donner etc or fast food or sandwiches, what will be the approx cost
4. WE wont be going to museums (maybe 1-2 for an hour or so), but rest of the the time we would like to take trips that show us the SWISS NATURAL BEAUTY, Which other expenses will i have to bear for the TRIPS, keeping in mind that I'll be having a 8 day swiss pass
5. Should i take the trip to JUNGFRAU from Interlaken or Bern ? and how much does this trip cost?
Your suggestions and feedback would certainly help me in evaluating my budget and make a nice trip for my family
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 2 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 3 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 6 Naples, Italy
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 11 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Engadine Valley help
- 17 Where to buy Saffron?
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 19 Tuscany 6 nights
- 20 France & Italy, May or June
- 21 Planning a European Trip
- 22 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 23 1st time in ZURICH
- 24 B&B suggestions for Dublin, Kinsale, Killarney, Ennis
- 25 French restaurants
Aug 13, 2015, 12:36 AM