We are looking forward to spending romantic get-away for around 7-8 nights in switzerland but are totally confused seeing the sheer amount of options.
Couple of things we would like:
- stay in remote areas.
- decent enough hotels
- some leisure excursions - we are still digging options .
- of course would like to board a train.
still figuring out destinations and plans. but something like GStaad, Sils looks neat.
but come with expensive hotels.
- other thing is prices just shoot up in June from air fare to hotel cost.
- wouldn't mind travelling to Rome/Venice if that seems feasible.
any pointers would help. we will be boarding from NY.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Extends High Speed Data
- 2 Excess insurance
- 3 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 4 London: Battle of the badges
- 5 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 6 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 7 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 8 RHK's Fall escape
- 9 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 10 Croatia in 7 days
- 11 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 12 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Need help in travel planning
- 15 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 16 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 17 Europe Itinerary
- 18 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 19 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Germany train/bus question
- 23 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 24 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 25 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?