I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 First time in London
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 Self drive tour companies
- 7 scotland
- 8 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Ischia
- 11 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 12 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 13 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 14 Barcelona
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 17 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?