I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip Report
- 2 Athens International airport
- 3 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 4 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 5 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 6 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Cinqueterre
- 11 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 12 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 13 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 14 Road trip Italy
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 17 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 18 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 Hilton CPH no loner
- 21 travel around Spain
- 22 French Wedding
- 23 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 24 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016