I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 4 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas