I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 The DCC scam is spreading
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?