I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 3 Train / Calabria
- 4 Avoid Europcar!
- 5 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 6 Guided Vatican Tours
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Paris for children
- 11 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 12 Couscous
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 19 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 20 IWM
- 21 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 22 How are the feasts in Malta Celebrated?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 25 quickest way to Prague