I am planning to visit Switzerland in last week of April'14 for about 14 - 15 nights. I am planning" NOT" to stay in Zurich and Geneva as the hotels are very expensive, will travel Geneva for a day visit.
Planning to have 3 or 4 base from where we can make day trips. Please suggest if these bases are good to cover most of the places and stroll or hike around the country. We can change bases if other sounds interesting... don't want it to be too hectic or involve lot of travelling.
Keen on doing Sky dive on few other outdoor activities as well so which is be best place to do it and Is April End the right time to come?
We'll land in Zurich and will take train to Lucerne. I will travel with Swiss Rail Pass, no car only hiking.
Lucerne - 5 nights
Zermett - 3 nights
Murren or Grindwald - 3 nights
Can have one more base with 2 or 3 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 3 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 4 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 5 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 6 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 7 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 8 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 9 Piedmont as a destination
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 12 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 13 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 14 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 15 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 16 Passport proplems
- 17 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 23 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 24 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome