We are a family of 4 visiiting first time to Switzerland....We shall be in Rome (Italy) before heading for Switzerland....
I have thought of an itinerary as below:
Day 1 Reach Zurich via Milan - see Zurich town - overnight at Zurich
Day 2 Visit Rhine Falls and after lunch head for Lucerne - explore Lucerne, Lake and Lion Monument- overnight at Lucerne
Day 3 I am confused between Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis. Please suggest. I assume that both are day trips - overnight at Lucerne
Day 4 head towards Interlaken - explore the area and do hand-gliding - overnight at Interlaken
Day 5 visit Jungfrau - overnight at Interlaken
Day 6 visit Lake Thun and - overnight at Interlaken
Day 7 - leave early morning for Paris
Is it better to stay at Interlaken or Wengen/Murren?
Please suggest if the route options are good and is this plan doable
Appreciate in advance for expert tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 2 Safe to Travel?
- 3 Boots for Christmastime in Germany?
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 6 Airfare from Boston to Rome
- 7 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 8 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 9 Hotel in Tenerife, Canary Islands
- 10 Why Not Helsinki?
- 11 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 12 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 13 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 14 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 16 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 17 8 days in Vienna in December
- 18 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 19 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 20 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 21 Car rental leaving Rome
- 22 Christmas Market and Parking
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 25 London Travelcard vs oyster card