I've spent hours researching Swiss trains and transport and passes. Truthfully, I'm still confused. I hope if I write out my itinerary and a few questions you can help direct me. I think that the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi for 3 days is what I need, but I'm certainly not sure.
Travel from Zurich Airport to Interlaken (have a ride from there to Grindelwald lodgings)
Day 2 and 3
Hope to visit the villages and paths by mountain transport, and take a boat trip on Lake Brienz or Lake Thun (anyone prefer one to the other?)
Day 4, 5 and 6 on Lake Maggiore in Cannobio. Probably won't be using public transport.
Take train from Bellinzona to Milan
Basic questions are these:
Is the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi the best for us?
Are there discounts for buying early?
Do I really need a first class pass to ride on the top of a lake boat?
From whom do I reserve and buy tickets from Bellinzona to Milan?
I not only appreciate your help, but I really need it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 4 London with Teens Trip Report
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 8 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 12 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 13 Madrird and Seville
- 14 Greece
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 18 Lake Como AREA questions
- 19 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 20 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 25 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!