I've spent hours researching Swiss trains and transport and passes. Truthfully, I'm still confused. I hope if I write out my itinerary and a few questions you can help direct me. I think that the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi for 3 days is what I need, but I'm certainly not sure.
Travel from Zurich Airport to Interlaken (have a ride from there to Grindelwald lodgings)
Day 2 and 3
Hope to visit the villages and paths by mountain transport, and take a boat trip on Lake Brienz or Lake Thun (anyone prefer one to the other?)
Day 4, 5 and 6 on Lake Maggiore in Cannobio. Probably won't be using public transport.
Take train from Bellinzona to Milan
Basic questions are these:
Is the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi the best for us?
Are there discounts for buying early?
Do I really need a first class pass to ride on the top of a lake boat?
From whom do I reserve and buy tickets from Bellinzona to Milan?
I not only appreciate your help, but I really need it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Tour of Northern Italy
- 11 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 12 Cognac transportation?
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 16 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 San Sebastian
- 20 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 24 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 25 An hour and ten min enough for connection?