I've spent hours researching Swiss trains and transport and passes. Truthfully, I'm still confused. I hope if I write out my itinerary and a few questions you can help direct me. I think that the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi for 3 days is what I need, but I'm certainly not sure.
Travel from Zurich Airport to Interlaken (have a ride from there to Grindelwald lodgings)
Day 2 and 3
Hope to visit the villages and paths by mountain transport, and take a boat trip on Lake Brienz or Lake Thun (anyone prefer one to the other?)
Day 4, 5 and 6 on Lake Maggiore in Cannobio. Probably won't be using public transport.
Take train from Bellinzona to Milan
Basic questions are these:
Is the Swiss Travel Pass Flexi the best for us?
Are there discounts for buying early?
Do I really need a first class pass to ride on the top of a lake boat?
From whom do I reserve and buy tickets from Bellinzona to Milan?
I not only appreciate your help, but I really need it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 2 weeks in the Balkans
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 5 Poland to Austria In December
- 6 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 7 Spain: train/rental car help
- 8 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 11 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 12 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 UK in May and June
- 15 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 18 Bath/Cotswolds
- 19 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 22 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 23 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 24 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland