Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 2 Norway in a Nutshell - Travel Report
- 3 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Azores
- 6 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Short Trip in July
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 14 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 17 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 18 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 Sim Card Options
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK