Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia itinerary help
- 2 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 9 How to rent a car
- 10 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Day trips from Florence
- 13 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 14 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 15 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 Paris in September
- 21 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 22 First time in Bulgaria
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?