Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years