Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 3 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 4 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 5 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 6 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 7 Language to use in Belgium
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 10 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 11 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 12 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 13 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 14 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 15 Train travel to and from Paris
- 16 Avignon Pass - How Does it Work?
- 17 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 18 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 19 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 20 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 21 Andalucia Spain
- 22 Going to Paris for one day
- 23 Valencia Spain
- 24 Rome Water Shortage
- 25 Europe for Beginners