Like many others, I don't like to make touring stops while there is luggage in the trunk of a rental car. There are some places where I just wouldn't do it, but I'm wondering if it is perhaps less dangerous in Switzerland.
One stop we really want to make on our way from Grindelwald to Cannobio is at Bellinzona. There isn't that much information easily available about Bellinzona, and little to none about car travel.
I have a route marked out, and there is parking near the elevator up to the Castel Grande, where we were hoping to park.
I wonder if anyone has an opinion on stopping to see sights in Switzerland with luggage in the car/trunk/boot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment Montreux area
- 2 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 3 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 4 Safety in Rome
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 25 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland