We're planning on spending about 6 days in the Bernese Oberland area, stationed in Murren, and then another 4 days in Luzern before flying home from Zurich.
I'm stumped on purchasing either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. I called Byron at BETS to ask about the regional pass, but he didn't know much about it. Has anyone purchased the Regional Pass that can speak to it? Does it offer the same benefits as the Swiss Travel Pass (unlimited travel etc but within designated region, free admission to museums, free travel public transportation, 50% discount most mountain railways)?
The prices are similar:
10 day Bernese Oberland Pass is $380 US
8 days Swiss Travel Pass is $399
Any opinions, insights, recomendations would be so appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 6 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 7 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 8 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 9 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 10 Passport proplems
- 11 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 12 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 13 Itinerary help...
- 14 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 15 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 16 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 17 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 18 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 19 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 20 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 21 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 22 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 23 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 24 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 25 A week in Paris