We're planning on spending about 6 days in the Bernese Oberland area, stationed in Murren, and then another 4 days in Luzern before flying home from Zurich.
I'm stumped on purchasing either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. I called Byron at BETS to ask about the regional pass, but he didn't know much about it. Has anyone purchased the Regional Pass that can speak to it? Does it offer the same benefits as the Swiss Travel Pass (unlimited travel etc but within designated region, free admission to museums, free travel public transportation, 50% discount most mountain railways)?
The prices are similar:
10 day Bernese Oberland Pass is $380 US
8 days Swiss Travel Pass is $399
Any opinions, insights, recomendations would be so appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia Spain
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 4 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 10 Barcelona - places to stay
- 11 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 12 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 13 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 14 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 15 Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Language to use in Belgium
- 17 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 18 Istanbul at Easter
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Palermo Apartment
- 21 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 22 SURPRISE TRIP
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 25 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition