We're planning on spending about 6 days in the Bernese Oberland area, stationed in Murren, and then another 4 days in Luzern before flying home from Zurich.
I'm stumped on purchasing either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. I called Byron at BETS to ask about the regional pass, but he didn't know much about it. Has anyone purchased the Regional Pass that can speak to it? Does it offer the same benefits as the Swiss Travel Pass (unlimited travel etc but within designated region, free admission to museums, free travel public transportation, 50% discount most mountain railways)?
The prices are similar:
10 day Bernese Oberland Pass is $380 US
8 days Swiss Travel Pass is $399
Any opinions, insights, recomendations would be so appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 2 Super Cover For Hertz
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 6 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 7 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 Hotel in Vienna
- 10 Baby Milk
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 15 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 20 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 21 Tour groups
- 22 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 23 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 24 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?