We're planning on spending about 6 days in the Bernese Oberland area, stationed in Murren, and then another 4 days in Luzern before flying home from Zurich.
I'm stumped on purchasing either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. I called Byron at BETS to ask about the regional pass, but he didn't know much about it. Has anyone purchased the Regional Pass that can speak to it? Does it offer the same benefits as the Swiss Travel Pass (unlimited travel etc but within designated region, free admission to museums, free travel public transportation, 50% discount most mountain railways)?
The prices are similar:
10 day Bernese Oberland Pass is $380 US
8 days Swiss Travel Pass is $399
Any opinions, insights, recomendations would be so appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Train / Calabria
- 3 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 9 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 10 Itinery help Crete
- 11 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 12 Lisbon - a few tips
- 13 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 14 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 21 European Vacation 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 24 Need help in completing trip details
- 25 Odd Question - freezer and microwave