We're planning on spending about 6 days in the Bernese Oberland area, stationed in Murren, and then another 4 days in Luzern before flying home from Zurich.
I'm stumped on purchasing either the Swiss Travel Pass or the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland. I called Byron at BETS to ask about the regional pass, but he didn't know much about it. Has anyone purchased the Regional Pass that can speak to it? Does it offer the same benefits as the Swiss Travel Pass (unlimited travel etc but within designated region, free admission to museums, free travel public transportation, 50% discount most mountain railways)?
The prices are similar:
10 day Bernese Oberland Pass is $380 US
8 days Swiss Travel Pass is $399
Any opinions, insights, recomendations would be so appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 2 Two days in Rome
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 PARIS
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Spain: train/rental car help
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 16 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 Athens Help
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 "Too Much Cows"